Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting swremove unsuccessful case handling Post 302179070 by rag84dec on Thursday 27th of March 2008 12:13:34 AM
Old 03-27-2008
swremove unsuccessful case handling

i am using the command "swremove productname".... How can i check the unsucceful condition?.... i want to say "if unsuccessful display that message to the user and exit"....

Can anu one help me??.... i am coding in this script for the first time so please dont mind...

THanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unsuccessful compilation of TOP s/w

Hi, I did the following : /usr/local/bin/gcc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_STRERROR -c top.c and I got these error messages : /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZcR4Mm.s", line 1936: error: unknown opcode ".subsection" /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZcR4Mm.s", line 1936: error: statement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dawn_lwf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in switch case handling in UNIX

Hi, In below code, i am expecting the output has Bye Bye But i am getting has Bye Hi Code: #!/usr/bin/bash var="Hi" cat txt.txt | while read var1 do next="Bye" case $var in Hi) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

3. Programming

Program exited with code 01: does it indicate unsuccessful compilation?

(gdb) r --------------------- enter Breakpoint 1, 0x0000000000409d40 in main () (gdb) n Single stepping until exit from function main, which has no line number information. Find_Cmd_Option: found option no. 2: seed (s) Find_Cmd_Option: found option no. 5: dfile (c) Initial no. div... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdbug
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login

Dears, I want to lock the user's account after consecutive unsuccessful login attempts, how can I do this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlsun
1 Replies

5. SuSE

How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login in SUSE

Hi , Can anyone give ur answer for How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login in SUSE Enterprise 10.2 Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik04
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

swinstall and swremove

can it have any command that swinstall and swremove without gui thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get successful/unsuccessful FTP logs in UNIX

Hi, We have one UNIX Server (Sun Solaris), and the files coming to this server from another server. The problem is, that server is continously sending files to our server via FTP. But the observation is that some files missing in our Server but in that server it shows the files FTPed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash.rastogi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum unsuccessful attempts in unix

Hello everyone, Can anyone help me out where is the maximum unsuccessful login attempts stored in unix? How can we know how many unsuccessful login attempts an user has made? Where is the blocked users info maintained or how can we get whether the user is blocked? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandrec
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit shell script if remote login unsuccessful?

#!/bin/bash for servers in `cat ~/servers` do rosh -l root -n $servers 'if then echo $HOSTNAME else exit 1 fi' done I have few servers in the for loop that is powered off, so whenever I execute my script, it works fine if all the servers are on, but when it tries to execute the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rojan Shakya
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Help in display unsuccessful login in SUSE Linux

hi i want to enable details of previous successful/ unsuccessful login on screen after successful login in SUSE linux ---------- Post updated 01-17-15 at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was 01-16-15 at 11:37 PM ---------- hi guys please reply (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Idea
1 Replies
getprpw(1M)															       getprpw(1M)

NAME
getprpw - display protected password database SYNOPSIS
parm[,parm]] username DESCRIPTION
displays the user's protected password database settings. This command is available only to the superuser in a trusted system. Normally it is only used via SAM, see sam(1M). uses the configuration file default if is not specified. See nsswitch.conf(4). Options recognizes the following options. Specifies to get information from the local user. Displays the arguments supplied to in raw format Displays the database value for the argument passed. An "invalid-opt" is printed if a list of options passed to contains an invalid option. The rest of the options will be processed. If is specified without all parameters are displayed in the order given below. Boolean values are returned as or (for system default values in Numeric values are specified as positive numbers, 0, or -1. A value of -1 indicates that the field has not been assigned a value in the database. Units of time are returned in number of days (>=0), although the database keeps them in seconds. This and other minor differences between the command parameters and the database fields are consistent with modprpw(1M). The following parameters for the user can be displayed using the option. They are listed below in the order shown in The database fields are fully explained in prpwd(4). user uid boot authorization flag audit id audit flag minimum time between password changes maximum password length password expiration time password lifetime last successful password change time last unsuccessful password change time account expiration time last login time interval password expiration warning time whether user picks password, whether system generates pronounceable passwords, whether password is restricted, i.e, checked for triviality, NULL passwords are allowed, Not recommended! whether system generates passwords having characters only, whether system generates passwords having letters only, time of day allowed for login time of last successful login time of last unsuccessful login tty of last successful login consecutive number of unsuccessful logins so far tty of last unsuccessful login maximum unsuccessful login tries administrator lock, if on, if off, if not set. returns the reason for a lockout in a "bit" valued string, where 0 = condition not present, 1 is present. The position, left to right represents: 1 past password lifetime 2 past last login time (inactive account) 3 past absolute account lifetime 4 exceeded unsuccessful login attempts 5 password required and a null password 6 admin lock 7 password is a * RETURN VALUE
0 success 1 user not privileged 2 incorrect usage 3 cannot find the password file 4 system is not trusted EXAMPLES
Displays the database aging fields for user "someusr". The command displays: WARNINGS
This command is intended for SAM use only. It may change with each release and can not be guaranteed to be backward compatible. Several database fields interact with others. The side effects of an individual change may not cause a problem till much later. Special meanings may apply in the following cases: o an absent field o a field without a value o a field with a zero value HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
System Password file Protected Password Database System Defaults Database SEE ALSO
modprpw(1M), prpwd(4), nsswitch.conf(4). TO BE OBSOLETED getprpw(1M)