Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reflections & Pro Com Software? Post 302179006 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 07:45:51 PM
Old 03-26-2008
PuTTY has a pretty good telnet client in it too.
Not sure about running scripts remotely, that sounds more like rsh or rexec unless procomm just uses macros to do it.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Errors while trying to install software on SuSE 9.2 Pro

First off I try to install XTheater on SuSE 9.2 Pro I run the ./configure command and this is what I get chris@linux:~/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2> ./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
25 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix software & documentation.

I need to install unix sun solaries software on my machine. But i don't have software & documentation to install on my system. Could you please send me the free software and documentation regarding unix sun solaries? Regards, rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reflections software

Hi Guys, I am looking for a terminal emulation software to work on some Unix servers, I was told that Reflections works good, I am using Putty now, but I was told Reflections has the option to run some jobs on Macros (not scripts) is this right? also is this freeware? if not freeware, any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqloyd
2 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance - Applying a role to an object instance VERSION
version 2.0604 SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Role::Job::Manager; use List::Util qw( first ); use Moose::Role; has 'employees' => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'ArrayRef[Employee]', ); sub assign_work { my $self = shift; my $work = shift; my $employee = first { !$_->has_work } @{ $self->employees }; die 'All my employees have work to do!' unless $employee; $employee->work($work); } package main; my $lisa = Employee->new( name => 'Lisa' ); MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply($lisa); my $homer = Employee->new( name => 'Homer' ); my $bart = Employee->new( name => 'Bart' ); my $marge = Employee->new( name => 'Marge' ); $lisa->employees( [ $homer, $bart, $marge ] ); $lisa->assign_work('mow the lawn'); DESCRIPTION
In this recipe, we show how a role can be applied to an object. In this specific case, we are giving an employee managerial responsibilities. Applying a role to an object is simple. The Moose::Meta::Role object provides an "apply" method. This method will do the right thing when given an object instance. MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply($lisa); We could also use the "apply_all_roles" function from Moose::Util. apply_all_roles( $person, MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta ); The main advantage of using "apply_all_roles" is that it can be used to apply more than one role at a time. We could also pass parameters to the role we're applying: MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply( $lisa, -alias => { assign_work => 'get_off_your_lazy_behind' }, ); We saw examples of how method exclusion and alias working in Moose::Cookbook::Roles::Restartable_AdvancedComposition. CONCLUSION
Applying a role to an object instance is a useful tool for adding behavior to existing objects. In our example, it is effective used to model a promotion. It can also be useful as a sort of controlled monkey-patching for existing code, particularly non-Moose code. For example, you could create a debugging role and apply it to an object at runtime. AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-19 Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)