Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reflections & Pro Com Software? Post 302178977 by dereckbc on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 05:37:50 PM
Old 03-26-2008
Reflections & Pro Com Software?

I am looking for a replacement to my Pro-Com software to use on UNIX based applications at work.

I am a virtual remote employee who works from my home using a windows XP machine. On my company laptop, another Win XP, we use REFLECTION v12 for UNIX and OPEN VMS.

I really like REFLECTIONS a lot and downloaded a free trial version from ATTACHMATE. However ATTACHMATE does not sell the product, and what I have found with distributors is very expensive.

I would keep using PRO COM but it appears to no longer be supported and has crashed on my home PC. I still have the disk, but it will not install for some unknown reason.

Anyway I need to replace PRO COMM so I can continue to work from home.

So what is available from where?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Errors while trying to install software on SuSE 9.2 Pro

First off I try to install XTheater on SuSE 9.2 Pro I run the ./configure command and this is what I get chris@linux:~/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2> ./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
25 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix software & documentation.

I need to install unix sun solaries software on my machine. But i don't have software & documentation to install on my system. Could you please send me the free software and documentation regarding unix sun solaries? Regards, rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reflections software

Hi Guys, I am looking for a terminal emulation software to work on some Unix servers, I was told that Reflections works good, I am using Putty now, but I was told Reflections has the option to run some jobs on Macros (not scripts) is this right? also is this freeware? if not freeware, any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqloyd
2 Replies
POMMED(1)						      General Commands Manual							 POMMED(1)

NAME
pommed - Apple laptops hotkeys event handler SYNOPSIS
pommed [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pommed daemon. pommed is a daemon handling the hotkeys found on the Apple laptops, like the MacBook Pro, MacBook and PowerBook laptops. These hotkeys con- trol, through pommed, the LCD backlight level, the audio volume, the keyboard backlight level (only on the MacBook Pro and the latest PowerBook) and the CD/DVD drive ejection. Additionally, pommed monitors the ambient light sensors found on the MacBook Pro and the latest PowerBook to automatically light up the keyboard backlight when the ambient light level gets too low. pommed can optionally support the Apple Remote Control, too (this option is disabled by default and only available for the MacBook Pro and MacBook). OPTIONS
pommed accepts the following command-line options. -v Print version information. -f Run in the foreground, printing log messages to stdout. -d Run in the foreground, printing log messages to stdout and debug messages to stderr. FILES
/etc/pommed.conf The configuration file for pommed. See the comments in the file for the structure of the file and the available options. AUTHOR
pommed was written by Julien BLACHE <jb@jblache.org>. 2007-01-09 POMMED(1)