Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Missing core file using ssh + command Post 302178976 by ramen_noodle on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 05:36:11 PM
Old 03-26-2008
All I would suggest is the output of ulimit -a (or the like) between commands and then an explicit dump of environment to log in any compiled binaries. The abort() call is interesting as :
Code:
If the abort() function causes program termination, all open streams are closed and flushed.

What that means in context is TBD.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command missing

I am wondering if anyone knows a place where a person can download a command for the HP-UX 9.04 OS. The machine is just sitting around, and is not being used due to the fact that it is not Y2K compliant (or so the rumor goes). The command that does not exist is "reboot", which normally resides... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thekid
6 Replies

2. AIX

core file missing part of call stack

It seems that since the Upgrade from aix 4.3 to 5.2 the corefiles are somehow truncated. I tried the debuggers ddd, xldb and gdb everytime the same results. i found this on the IBM site: IBM Information center: If some entries appear in the Call Stack monitor but others are missing, this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to restrict Core file generation after scp (of SSH) command executed in UNIX

Hi, I am getting core file in local machine after trasfer files to other machine by using scp (secure copy) of SSH in UNIX. Could any one please tell me how to restrict core file generatation by using scp command. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrsekhar
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

5. AIX

#emgr -l command output missing

Hi, I have recently started to patch all my AIX boxes. I have applied almost 28 interim fixes on those. i have the snaps of emgr -l out put showing all tha patch details and date on which those we applied. but after reboot, emgr -l comannd says "There is no efix data on this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepbodkhe
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Missing When Grabbing Files from SFTP Server using SCP Command

Hi, I have this problem where sometimes my files would go missing when I schedule my crontab to run the SCP command to get file from the SFTP server. My crontab will run the scripts at an interval of 3 minutes (between the two scripts) The following is the setting in my crontab. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gingervitus
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 2008 Core(ssh pkg)

hello... i'm new in solaris 10. i have installed solaris 10 core. but i need pkg ssh. anybody can help me how to install ssh. and where i can find this ssh pkg? hope somebody can give me solution... >.< searching but not found it >.<:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of ssh command from localhost - direct to local file.

Hi, i'm trying to gather details from remote hosts and want them to be written to my local linux machine from where i'm using SSH. My command looks some thing like this ssh -q remotehost 'bash -s' <command.txt where command.txt is a file in my local machine containing ps -ef |grep httpd |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poga
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh remote command doesn't work from script file

I have 10 application servers in a distributed architecture generating their own application logs. Each server has application utility to continuously tail the log. for example following command follows tails and follows new logfiles as they are generated server1$ logutility logtype When I run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

XFCE Desktop - trash, cannot execute file, command prompt here missing.

Hi there, I am using the xfce4 is already the newest version (4.12.5). thunar is already the newest version (1.8.4-1). The distribution is Linux kali 4.19.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1kali1 (2019-01-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux However, the problem is: When I when I click on any program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
abort(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  abort(3)

NAME
abort - Generates a software signal to end the current process LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> void abort ( void ); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: abort(): ISO C, POSIX.1, XPG4, XPG4-UNIX Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The abort() function sends a SIGABRT signal to the current process. This signal terminates the process unless both of the following condi- tions are true: (1) signal SIGABRT is being caught, and (2) the signal handler does not do a normal return, for example, if it does a longjmp. If abort() causes the process to terminate abnormally and the current directory is writable, the system creates a core file in the current working directory. If the call to the abort() function terminates the process, each open stream and message catalog descriptor is affected as if the fclose() function was called. The abort() function then terminates the process with the same result as the _exit() function, with the exception of the status value made available to the wait() or waitpid() function. These functions receive the status value of the process terminated by the SIGABRT signal. The abort() function overrides blocking or ignoring of the SIGABRT signal. NOTES
The abort() function is supported for multi-threaded applications. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: exit(2), kill(2), sigaction(2) Standards: standards(5) delim off abort(3)