Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users aliasing the TO name in Unix mails Post 302178928 by era on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 03:27:46 PM
Old 03-26-2008
mailx has a somewhat cryptic -r option but if you have control over the script, use something else than mailx if it doesn't suit your needs. mailx doesn't really have any significant intelligence of its own, it just passes stuff to sendmail AFAIK, so you might as well invoke sendmail directly -- though then you have to be more careful to make sure the mail message is valid and has all the necessary headers. That would be To:, From:, and Subject:, basically.

Code:
 sendmail -oi -t <<HERE
To: sandy@xyz.com
Subject: it's this simple

really
HERE

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix to MicroSoft Outlook Mails

I want to send a text file from Unix as an attachment to a Microsoft Outlook address. I have tried the 'elm' command which does this. But it is in an interactive mode. I want this to be automatically done by a program. Is there any other way to this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepali Potnis
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mails from unix server are not being received

Both A and B people has mail client to mail client interaction happily. 1) mails from A company unix server 'uuu' are being received by A company people onto their mail client. So A company people are happy. 2) mails from A company unix server 'uuu' are not being received by B ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting some mails from Unix mail accounts

Hi there, Is there a way to delete some messages from the mail account on a Unix machine via a script?. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aliasing question in UNIX

Folks; I know this might sound stupid, but Can i alias a web link to another web link in a UNIX server? Let say i have a web link named http://test.new.com/wiki Can i alias that so when i click on it or i type it in the browser address it opens but the link in the browser say something like:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set FLAG in MAils from UNIX

Is there any way i can set flag or change the color of the subject line of a mail sent from unix. ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Goyal
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking Mails Using Unix

Hi..Is it possible for unix to monitor outlook for a particualr period of time and trigger oracle upon receiving a mail with particular content... Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varadharajan87
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing outlook mails from unix

Hi, For a requirement in my project, i need to implement code in unix such that unix checks whether the necessary mails from a particular client is received in outook inbox. Note that, i ve to check whether that particular mail has got any attachment too.. Please tell me whether this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeembenazir
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to receive mails in unix .....

HI experts, By using mailx command i can send mails to any email id. and my DNS is like oper@xyz.com ..... but if someone replied to the mail sent earlier using mailx command. then how to recieve or view that mail ... Is dre any command to do the same ... Im working on some project and got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
7 Replies
DOVEADM-MOUNT(1)						      Dovecot							  DOVEADM-MOUNT(1)

NAME
doveadm-mount - Manage the list of mountpoints where mails are stored SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] mount command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The doveadm mount commands can be used to manage the list of mountpoints where mails are stored. This is used mainly for better error han- dling when a mountpoint isn't mounted for some reason: * If a mail directory doesn't exist, it's autocreated. If the user's mails aren't mounted and filesystem permissions still allow the autocreation, the user will see an empty mailbox and later will have to redownload all mails. If the mountpoint is known to be unmounted, Dovecot will simply fail opening any mailboxes. * If dbox alternate storage isn't mounted and a mail in it is attempted to be accessed, Dovecot normally rebuilds the indexes and notices that all the mails in alt storage are expunged. When the alt storage is mounted back and even if index is again rebuilt, the mails won't necessarily become visible anymore for IMAP clients. If the mountpoint is known to be unmounted, Dovecot won't rebuild indexes and lose the mails. Dovecot automatically adds mountpoints to this list at startup. If you don't want some of the mountpoints added, you can add a wildcard ignore for it. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -f formatter Specifies the formatter for formatting the output. Supported formatters are: flow prints each line with key=value pairs. pager prints each key: value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L). tab prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines. table prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. ARGUMENTS
path The directory name of a mountpoint state The state of a mountpoint. Either online or ignore. COMMANDS
mount add doveadm mount add [path [state]] If this command is run without any parameters, doveadm detects all missing mountpoints and adds them (the same way as when Dovecot does at startup). When a mountpoint path is given, it's added as a mountpoint. The state can currently be either "online" (default) or "ignore". The ignore state is mainly useful with path wildcards to add mountpoints that you never want Dovecot to automatically add, such as: doveadm mount add '/mnt/*' ignore mount list doveadm [-Dv ] [-f formatter] mount list This command lists the mountpoints known to Dovecot and their state. mount remove doveadm mount remove path This command removes the specified path from the mountpoint list. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-16 DOVEADM-MOUNT(1)