Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure Post 302178918 by ramen_noodle on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 03:06:56 PM
Old 03-26-2008
I don't see any way to avoid this being an O(n) operation with linked lists.
Using a chained hash table based on the character string would cut the overhead drastically.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if then else structure

echo name the file that you want to read read answer if then echo you must enter a file name fi cat $answer im trying to catch the error if user forget to enter the name of the file anyone can help me ? thanks:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: props
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of Structure

How can we find size of a structure with out using sizeof operator? Thanks, Harika (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikamamidala
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory Structure

Hi... I have a directory which has multiple directories and sub directories inside... what command should i use to get a list of all these directories, without the filenames.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structure - Non unique values

I have the perl data structure and what i need to do is find all values in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'D'}} which are not there in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'M'}} but seems like i need to put a flag somewhere and i messed up foreach my $order (keys %extractColumns) { foreach my $value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search specific folders dates /mm/dd/ structure

Hi, I have a script that handles a huge amount of log files from many machines and copies it into a SAN location with the following directory structure: /SAN/machinenames/yyyy/m/d so for example /SAN/hosta/2011/3/12/files* Now I am writing a bash script to search for files between to date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget structure

Im reading a lot about wget and have really enjoyed using it. However I see a lot of tutorials that will show several ways. I want to be able to write scripts in gedit so I was wondering what is the best process to do this instead of just running them in the terminal?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program multiple times to search pattern and assign structure

Hi all, I have a big file (n.txt) with following pattern: ATOM 1 N SER A 1 122.392 152.261 138.190 1.00 0.00 N ATOM 2 CA SER A 1 122.726 151.241 139.183 1.00 0.00 C TER ENDMDL ATOM 1 N SER A 1 114.207 142.287 135.439 1.00 0.00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
3 Replies

10. Programming

Sctp api name to retrieve the values of structure sctpassoctable

Hi i want a sctp (lksctp) api which can retrieve the values of the sctp structure "sctpAssocTable" It is sctpassoctable or sctpassocentry. SctpAssocEntry ::= SEQUENCE { sctpAssocId Unsigned32, sctpAssocRemHostName OCTET STRING, sctpAssocLocalPort ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harioum
1 Replies
MB_STRCUT(3)								 1							      MB_STRCUT(3)

mb_strcut - Get part of string

SYNOPSIS
string mb_strcut (string $str, int $start, [int $length = NULL], [string $encoding = mb_internal_encoding()]) DESCRIPTION
mb_strcut(3) extracts a substring from a string similarly to mb_substr(3), but operates on bytes instead of characters. If the cut position happens to be between two bytes of a multi-byte character, the cut is performed starting from the first byte of that character. This is also the difference to the substr(3) function, which would simply cut the string between the bytes and thus result in a malformed byte sequence. PARAMETERS
o $str - The string being cut. o $start - Starting position in bytes. o $length - Length in bytes. If omitted or NULL is passed, extract all bytes to the end of the string. o $encoding -The $encoding parameter is the character encoding. If it is omitted, the internal character encoding value will be used. RETURN VALUES
mb_strcut(3) returns the portion of $str specified by the $start and $length parameters. SEE ALSO
mb_substr(3), mb_internal_encoding(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_STRCUT(3)