Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Perl Module
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Installing Perl Module Post 302178887 by KevinADC on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 01:51:49 PM
Old 03-26-2008
Maybe a firewall or proxy issue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Perl Module Term::ReadKey??? HELP!!!

I'm new to UNIX..... I'm trying to test a software that requires Perl. I installed Perl 5.004_04 without any problem on a UNIX SCO OpenServer Machine. The software I'm testing also requires some Perl Modules (Net::Telnet, Test::More, Net::Telnet::Cisco & Term::ReadKey). I installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a Perl Module without installing it?

I am trying to write a program that will use templates, so I figured I would use the Text::Template CPAN module... ...only problem is that I cant force my "clients" to install this module, cause they are clueless. Is there anyway that I can NOT install it for the whole machine, but install it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

installing graphical module(GD) on UNIX/Solaris Environment

Hi I'm not able to install graphical GD module in perl for UNIX/Solaris environment. Can anybody suggest? Pooja... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing perl module

Hi, I want to install WWW:Mechanize module. Followed the following steps: 1. wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/C/CO/CORION/Bundle- WWW-Mechanize-Shell-0.29.tar.gz perl Makefile.PL make make test make install (Got the below message) Appending installation info to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What to copy in /lib/module while installing new kernel?

I was trying to install new kernel in my backtrack which was having kernel 3.2.6. i tried installing 3.8.5. I refered to book linux kernel in nutshell i followed every step. after i rebooted (i had set new kernel in default as my backtrack doesn't display options to select while booting) it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing ZIP module for PHP

Hi Guys, I am using SOLARIS 10 and I want to install ZIP module for PHP. I went to this link http://pecl.php.net/package/zip and I choose zip-1.12.3.tgz, the latest "stable" release, and then transferred it to my server. Then I went to my path /usr/local/apache2/conf then untar the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

10. Proxy Server

Problem with Installing Perl Module in Fedora 20

Hi, I have downloaded Audio::Beep. I tried to install it through CPAN but i got YAML error. Then I have tried to install it manually. I tried all the instructions provided in README file. It worked but when i am compiling , it still gives me error: # ls acct21.pl~ imap(2).pl ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zak100
15 Replies
PROXYMNGR(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PROXYMNGR(1)

NAME
proxymngr - proxy manager service SYNOPSIS
proxymngr [-config filename] [-timeout seconds] [-retries #] [-verbose] DESCRIPTION
The proxy manager (proxymngr) is responsible for resolving requests from xfindproxy (and other similar clients), starting new proxies when appropriate, and keeping track of all of the available proxy services. The proxy manager strives to reuse existing proxies whenever possi- ble. There are two types of proxies that the proxy manager deals with, managed and unmanaged proxies. A managed proxy is a proxy that is started ``on demand'' by the proxy manager. An unmanaged proxy, on the other hand, is started either at system boot time, or manually by a system administrator. The proxy manager is made aware of its existence, but no attempt is made by the proxy manager to start unmanaged proxies. The command line options that can be specified to proxymngr are: -config Used to override the default proxymngr config file. See below for more details about the config file. -timeout Sets the number of seconds between attempts made by the proxy manager to find an unmanaged proxy. The default is 10. -retries Sets the maximum number of retries made by the proxy manager to find an an unmanaged proxy. The default is 3. -verbose Causes various debugging and tracing records to be displayed as requests are received and proxies are started. Proxy Manager Config File The proxy manager maintains a local configuration file describing the proxy services available. This configuration file is installed in /usr/lib/X11/proxymngr/pmconfig during the installation of proxymngr. The location of the configuration file can be overwritten using the -config command line option. Aside from lines starting with an exclamation point for comments, each line of the configuration file describes either an unmanaged or man- aged proxy service. For unmanaged proxies, the format is: <service-name> unmanaged <proxy-address> service-name is the name of the unmanaged proxy service, and must not contain any spaces, for example ``XFWP''. service-name is case insensitive. proxy-address is the network address of the unmanaged proxy. The format of the address is specific to the service-name. For example, for the ``XFWP'' service, the proxy-address might be ``firewall.x.org:100''. If there is more than one entry in the config file with the same unmanaged service-name, the proxy manager will try to use the proxies in the order presented in the config file. For managed proxies, the format is: <service-name> managed <command-to-start-proxy> service-name is the name of the managed proxy service, and must not contain any spaces, for example ``LBX''. service-name is case insensi- tive. command-to-start-proxy is the command executed by the proxy manager to start a new instance of the proxy. If command-to-start-proxy con- tains spaces, the complete command should be surrounded by single quotes. If desired, command-to-start-proxy can be used to start a proxy on a remote machine. The specifics of the remote execution method used to do this is not specified here. EXAMPLE
Here is a sample configuration file: ! proxy manager config file ! ! Each line has the format: ! <serviceName> managed <startCommand> ! or ! <serviceName> unmanaged <proxyAddress> ! lbx managed /usr/bin/lbxproxy ! ! substitute site-specific info xfwp unmanaged firewall:4444 PROXY MANAGER DETAILS
When the proxy manager gets a request from xfindproxy (or another similar client), its course of action will depend on the service-name in question. For a managed proxy service, the proxy manager will find out if any of the already running proxies for this service can handle a new request. If not, the proxy manager will attempt to start up a new instance of the proxy (using the command-to-start-proxy found in the config file). If that fails, an error will be returned to the caller. For an unmanaged proxy service, the proxy manager will look in the config file to find all unmanaged proxies for this service. If there is more than one entry in the config file with the same unmanaged service-name, the proxy manager will try to use the proxies in the order presented in the config file. If none of the unmanaged proxies can satisfy the request, the proxy manager will timeout for a configurable amount of time (specified by -timeout or default of 10) and reattempt to find an unmanaged proxy willing to satisfy the request. The num- ber of retries can be specified by the -retries argument, or a default of 3 will be used. If the retries fail, the proxy manager has no choice but to return an error to the caller (since the proxy manager can not start unmanaged proxy services). BUGS
proxy manager listen port should be configurable. -timeout and -retries is not implemented in proxymngr. proxymngr does not utilize the ``options'' and ``host'' fields in the proxy management protocol GetProxyAddr request. SEE ALSO
xfindproxy (1), xfwp (1), Proxy Management Protocol spec V1.0 AUTHOR
Ralph Mor, X Consortium X Version 11 proxymngr 1.0.1 PROXYMNGR(1)