Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do you replace "|" with someting else? Post 302178735 by Draken on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 09:23:32 AM
Old 03-26-2008
Hmm... that is exactly what I did, except the -e that I used (and I have no idea what it is good for).
Anyway, now it worked, I didn't thought it was so easy...

Thanks a lot!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i replace "(", "\" "+" in a file

i want to replace \ + ) ( in a file with space .. i can i achive this in a shell script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace "®" "™" "with Spaces in UNIX

do U know how to replace the registered trademark "®" symbol or trade Mark "™" "with Spaces in UNIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MMeari
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace "," with "." only in specific columns of a file?

Hi all, I have this text file containing 9 columns separated by space. The 8th columns contains the numbers. C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 C8 C9 er rt yt gh iu nk il 0.07 xs yt lr ty bg iu zk nh 0,0005 lt ...etc. I want to replace the comma with full stop only in 8th coloumn. the output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
KUMOCTL(1)						      General Commands Manual							KUMOCTL(1)

NAME
kumoctl - show kumofs status SYNOPSIS
kumoctl address[:port=19750] command [options] DESCRIPTION
Show status of kumo-manager and send control commands to kumo-manager. COMMANDS
status show status of the cluster attach attach all new servers and start replace attach-noreplace attach all new servers detach detach all fault servers and start replace detach-noreplace detach all fault servers replace start replace without attach/detach full-replace start full-replace (repair consistency) backup [suffix=20090304] create backup with specified suffix enable-auto-replace enable auto replace disable-auto-replace disable auto replace STATUS
hash space timestamp The time that the list of attached kumo-servers is updated. It is updated when new kumo-server is added or existing kumo-server is down. attached node The list of attached kumo-servers. (active) is normal node and (fault) is fault node or recoverd but not re-attached node. not attached node The list of recognized but not-attached nodes. AUTO REPLACING
By default, you have to attach new kumo-servers manually using kumoctl command. If the auto replacing is enabled, new kumo-servers are attached automatically. This is experimental feature. EXAMPLE
$ kumoctl mgr1 status $ kumoctl mgr1 attach SEE ALSO
kumo-manager(1). kumoctl July 2009 KUMOCTL(1)