Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Files with spaces....
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Files with spaces.... Post 302178372 by Jay5487 on Tuesday 25th of March 2008 09:42:00 AM
Old 03-25-2008
Well i got a somewhat fix if anyone comes along a similar problem

IFS=$'\n'

in the begining of file to change the delimiters

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files/folders with spaces

Hi there, our unix and windows are related. i.e. if i save a file while being on windows my unix profile would contain the same file, at the same location. so i can access all my files through unix prompt. but if i save a file/folder being on windows account and put spaces between the name of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files including spaces

I am accessing two files. I am using read command to read from the files. For the first file, I need read the fields delimited by spaces, and for the other file, I need to read the whole line as a single field including the spaces. When I used read command for the second file, the spaces... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumariak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files with spaces in the filename

Hi I am having difficulty copying files from one dir to another due to a space in the names of the file with an extension .rtf There are a group of files and the command am using is cp `ls -rt /wlblive/home/whiops/ops/RTFs/*.rtf|head -20` /wlblive/home/jamshed Since the files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamshedj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with files with spaces in the name

Hello, I'm a computer science major and I'm having problems dealing with file names with spaces in them. Particularly I'm saving a file name in a variable and then using the variable in a compare function i.e. a='te xt.txt' b='file2.txt' cmp $a $b If anyone could help me with this particular... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakethegreycat
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read files with spaces

Hi I am a newbie to unix. I have a current script that reads a directory for excel files and renames the files. There is a problem now because some of the files have spaces. If I put quotes on the file, it will work but I dont know how to read all the files with quotes. Variables $1 =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lillyt
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files that contain spaces...

I have a script that I've written and it's been running fine until someone dropped a file in the source directory that had spaces in it. The script breaks the file name into separate mv commands. I've tried putting " around the $FILE but that didn't help. Anyone who can help me would be greatly... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanglant
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of files with spaces

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to list the file with spaces? Like I want to "ls" only the 2008 files. 2008 _overview102.jpg 2008 _overview103.jpg 2008 _overview106.jpg 2008 _overview677.jpg 2008 _overview680.jpg 2008 _overview110.jpg 2008 _overview682.jpg 2009 _overview4373.jpg 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting the files with spaces

Hi All, The shell script is currently using the below command to find the seven days older files from a directories and delete them. Issue occurs when the file name consists of space in them. eg: abc def 1245.txt I need to delete the files names with space also. Please help. Thanks. Below... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
7 Replies

9. AIX

Find and rm files with spaces in the name

I'm sure this has been answered before, but my searches have not turned up the right solution. :confused: I need to remove files in a directory, without descending into subdirectories, older than n days. Some of the filenames contain spaces or other special characters: E10403 (2) E20402 (2)... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Papa Lee
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process files in loop which have spaces in name

I have a folder with files and I have to process them in a loop. However the filenames have space characters, so the list get split. $ touch "File Number_1" $ touch "File Number_2" $ ls "/tmp/File Number"_* /tmp/File Number_1 /tmp/File Number_2 I tried following (sorry for using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wernfried
3 Replies
EPUB-FIX(1)							      calibre							       EPUB-FIX(1)

NAME
epub-fix - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
epub-fix [options] file.epub DESCRIPTION
Fix common problems in EPUB files that can cause them to be rejected by poorly designed publishing services. By default, no fixing is done and messages are printed out for each error detected. Use the options to control which errors are automati- cally fixed. Whenever you pass arguments to epub-fix that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --unmanifested Fix unmanifested files. epub-fix can either add them to the manifest or delete them as specified by the delete unmanifested option. --delete-unmanifested Delete unmanifested files instead of adding them to the manifest --epubcheck Workarounds for bugs in the latest release of epubcheck. epubcheck reports many things as errors that are not actually errors. epub- fix will try to detect these and replace them with constructs that epubcheck likes. This may cause significant changes to your epub, complain to the epubcheck project. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> epub-fix (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 EPUB-FIX(1)