Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to remove junk (^Ò) character while FTPing Post 302178228 by apsprabhu on Tuesday 25th of March 2008 04:15:41 AM
Old 03-25-2008
Hi,

Try the dos2unix command in unix machine

syntax : dos2unix file_name

Last edited by apsprabhu; 03-25-2008 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get rid of junk character in a file

I have a file with one of the following lines, when opened with vi 33560010686GPT£120600GBPGBP10082007DS In the above line, I want to get rid of the junk character before the £ (pound sysmbol). When I tried copying £ from windows and copy in unix vi, it prints as £ and I tried pattern replace... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskworld
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Junk Character in file

Hi set filename "./GopiRun.sh" if } err] { writeLog "error in exec " writeLog $a } else { writeLog $a } The above code will execute a file GopiRun.sh,and will log the output of the exec to a file. The problem is the file has lot of junk character in it,how to avoid it. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all JUNK character from file.

Hi Team, I have a file having size greater than 1 GB. What i want to do is to check if it contains any JUNK character (ie any special charater thats not on the key board stroke). This file has 532 column & seperated with ^~^. I have found some solution from the file, but it is for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Junk Character appended at the end of a line

Hi All I have a rather unusual problem, which i have not faced till now. I have a script which exports some paths to a text file. The script runs fine but when i check the output file i can see some junk characters ^M appended at end of lines and random places. I am not able to figure... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help me to remove junk char

I wanted to remove junk char in my csv. :mad: Input file format: "17","9986782190","0","D","2" "17","9900918331","0","D","2" "13","9986782194","0","A","2" Output file format 9986782190 9900918331 9986782194 And one more thing all the time "13"," this will be different Ex: . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddartha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Junk character in sql file

Hello, I have two .sql files which I transferred from Windows to Unix (Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3).I want to ensure that these two files have no junk characters in them.How do I do it in the simplest possible way? Many thanks DJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing of junk character

Dear ALL, How to remove junk charecter ^M from unix file i am using sun solaris unix. I already tried few commands :%s/^M//g :%s/r//g but it didnt helped me. Any help appriciated. Thanks Ripudaman Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to see junk character in file in.?

Hi I want to know how to see junk character in a file. i am not able to see junk character using vi or cat command. below is the junk char . which i see in host file 10.178.14.67▒▒▒ ac01sp02-vip actually it should be like this 10.178.14.67 ac01sp02-vip i am using secure CRT... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
11 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help in viewing the junk character

Hello All, I have issues in unix file when I loaded that to database and do select * from table where description like '%'+char(13)+'%' on it I am able to get records. I tried to view the file in unix it is all having blank character which I think is all non ascii which I am not able view.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to remove Junk characters

Hi All, I have a issue that we are getting Junk characters from source and i am not able to load that records to Database. Line breakers Junk Characters (Â and different every time) Japanese Characters Every time I am using grep command and awk -F "\007" to find them and delete that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spradeep86
1 Replies