Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search & replace password perl script Post 302178025 by sysgate on Monday 24th of March 2008 10:06:36 AM
Old 03-24-2008
Searching for a string in file and replacing it could be done very easily with "sed", look at the forum base for various examples. Why you want this in perl ? You're gonna have to open the file, search / grep for string, then replace and close the file - uncecessary long.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using varible/varible substitution in Perl/sed Search & Replace

Hi, I have a program that searches for a particular string patten. I am however having difficulty passing the varible $i (in a loop) as the string pattern to replace. Using either perl or sed search and replace statements, I get the same kinda result. For example, using the perl: for i in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & replace

Is there any way we can achieve search & replace with awk? I could achieve the same with sed in following way - sed 's/A/B/g' file1 > file2 But the same regex if I try with using awk following way, awk 's/A/B/g' file1 > file2 it gives me Syntax error. I strongly believe I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl search and replace not working in csh script

I am using perl to perform a search and replace. It works at the command line, but not in the csh shell script perl -pi -e 's@/Pattern@@g' $path/$file I used the @ as my delimiter because the pattern contains "/" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NobluesFDT
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search & Replace

Hi , I ahve a text file which has several instances of the text such as run_time: 09:30 I need to add double quotes before and after the time value i.e: run_time: "09:30" Any suggestions on how to go about the same (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search sprintf and replace with snprintf

Dear all, I am new to perl script and would need some help for my 1st script. I wrote a script to search sprintf(buf,"%s", sourcestring) and replace with snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf),"%s", sourcestring). As snprintf() requires an extra argument, so it is not a simple search-and-replace. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChaMeN
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace

Hi all Please can you help me with a script to check several files for the following string: encoding=""and replace it with: encoding="UTF-8"I did the following, : #!/bin/sh string1="encoding=""" string2="encoding="UTF-8" sed 's/'"$string1"'/'"$string2"'/g'but does not work. Please can... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace

Hi Gurus, I have two files. I want to read sessoin_name from the file1 and replace $Param4 & $Param5 in file2 with connection_name in specified in file1. The file1 will have data in following format File 1 session_name,connection_name s_abcd,Listener_2 s_def,Listener_1 source file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
7 Replies
CGI::Compile(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 CGI::Compile(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Compile - Compile .cgi scripts to a code reference like ModPerl::Registry SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Compile; my $sub = CGI::Compile->compile("/path/to/script.cgi"); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Compile is an utility to compile CGI scripts into a code reference that can run many times on its own namespace, as long as the script is ready to run on a persistent environment. NOTE: for best results, load CGI::Compile before any modules used by your CGIs. RUN ON PSGI
Combined with CGI::Emulate::PSGI, your CGI script can be turned into a persistent PSGI application like: use CGI::Emulate::PSGI; use CGI::Compile; my $cgi_script = "/path/to/foo.cgi"; my $sub = CGI::Compile->compile($cgi_script); my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler($sub); # $app is a PSGI application CAVEATS
If your CGI script has a subroutine that references the lexical scope variable outside the subroutine, you'll see warnings such as: Variable "$q" is not available at ... Variable "$counter" will not stay shared at ... This is due to the way this module compiles the whole script into a big "sub". To solve this, you have to update your code to pass around the lexical variables, or replace "my" with "our". See also <http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#The_First_Mystery> for more details. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> CONTRIBUTORS
Rafael Kitover <rkitover@cpan.org> Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) 2009 Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
ModPerl::RegistryCooker CGI::Emulate::PSGI perl v5.14.2 2011-05-24 CGI::Compile(3pm)