Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20 Post 302177977 by stay0ut on Monday 24th of March 2008 08:18:49 AM
Old 03-24-2008
Original install media . . .

. . . is gone. I am only interested in doing a final backup of this individual server. It is the only HP-ux system here. I have plenty of backups, and backup media, but this server has been out of production since 2006 and is kept running for the occasional lookup. My supervisor wants to stop paying support fees so we can re appropriate the costs other places. But in the event we need it back, we need a bootable backup.

According to HP support, the ignite downloadable is only for 11.00 and up. I wish the media was arround, because I'd install it off of there, but my searching around the internet, especially hidden ftp servers, has been to no avail.

I will go ahead and look for the July 2004 version mentioned by Adam. I was just hoping someone had it where I could download it easily.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

make_sys_image + Ignite problem

could any one help me I have a HP UX 11.0 with a lot of VG and disks connected to SAN. I need to create a Golden Image having only the vg00 of this system. How do i do this using make_sys_image? In case any have some docs, I would appreciate if You could share it. Thanks Dhanish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

6. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Error with ignite

Works all. Depot shared via nfs dhcp working setting file system,network,root password,etc But when i start "go!" with installation,give me this error. How to fix,debug? Thanks http://s24.postimg.org/5hzbgk551/unixbell3.png (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies
nisbackup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     nisbackup(1M)

NAME
nisbackup - backup NIS+ directories SYNOPSIS
nisbackup [-v] backup-dir directory... nisbackup [-v] -a backup-dir DESCRIPTION
nisbackup backs up a NIS+ directory object on a NIS+ master server. Updates to the NIS+ database will be temporarily disabled while nis- backup is running. The backup-dir is a UNIX directory that must exist prior to running nisbackup. The nisbackup command can be used to backup an individual NIS+ directory object or all ( -a) of the NIS+ directory objects served by a master server. The NIS+ directory objects being backed up will be placed into subdirectories under the backup-dir directory. These subdirectories are named according to the NIS+ directory object they contain. nisbackup operates on individual NIS+ directory objects (for example, org_dir.wiz.com). This allows an administrator to selectively backup specific directories. The rpc.nisd(1M) process must be running on the master server with a stable NIS+ database for nisbackup to complete. nisbackup will not attempt to correct any corruption in the NIS+ database, so it is important that backups be done regularly as part of the NIS+ administra- tion. The first synopsis is used to backup a single NIS+ directory object or a list of NIS+ directory objects. The objects can be partially qual- ified or fully qualified. The machine on which the command is executing must be the master for the NIS+ directory objects specified. The second synopsis will backup all of the NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. The -a option is the recommended method of backing up a master server, since it will backup all NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. If this server is a master server for more than one domain, the backup will include NIS+ directories that belong to all of the domains served. Individual NIS+ direc- tory objects can be selected for restoring from a backup-dir created with the -a option. See nisrestore(1M). The -a option only includes directory objects for which this server is the master. It is possible, but not recommended, to configure a master server as a replica for other domains. The objects belonging to those replicated domains will not be backed up with the -a option. The backup of replicated objects must be run on the master server for those objects. Do not use the same backup-dir to backup different master servers. Each master server must have its own backup-dir. nisbackup will set the rpc.nisd(1M) to read only mode, which will disable updates to the NIS+ database. This is neccessary to ensure the consistency of the backup. For this reason, nisbackup should not be run while large numbers of updates are being applied to the NIS+ data- base. Update utilities such as nisaddent(1M) should not be run simultaneously with nisbackup. OPTIONS
-a Creates a backup of all NIS+ directory objects for which this server is a master. -v Verbose option. Additional output will be produced and sent to syslog(3C) upon execution of the command (see syslog.conf(4)). OPERANDS
backup-dir The directory into which the subdirectories containing the backed up objects are placed. This must be created prior to running nisbackup. directory The NIS+ directory object(s) being backed up. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Backup of the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup To backup the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup org_dir.foo.com. Example 2: Backup of the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup To backup the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup foo.com. org_dir.foo.com. groups_dir.foo.com. ctx_dir.foo.com. Example 3: Backup of an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup To backup an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup -a /backup EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/backup-dir/backup_list This ascii file contains a list of all the objects contained in this backup-dir directory. /backup-dir/directory-object A subdirectory that is created in the backup-dir that contains the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/data A subdirectory that contains the data files that are part of the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/last.upd This data file contains timestamp information about the directory-object. /backup-dir/directory-object/data.dict A NIS+ data dictionary for all of the objects contained in the NIS+ directory-object backup. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nisdefaults(1), nisrm(1), nisrestore(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), syslog(3C), nisfiles(4), syslog.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nisbackup(1M)