Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl script for file processing Post 302177970 by matrixmadhan on Monday 24th of March 2008 07:50:06 AM
Old 03-24-2008
Quote:
It still takes 10 mins.
Are you testing with the same input file ?
And probably with the same load each time ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File processing on perl

Hey everyone ... I wanted to process the contents of a file, as in modify its contents. whats the best way to do it on perl? In more detail I hav to go through the contents of the file, match patterns n then modify the contents of the same file depending on the matching results. Any help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file in perl

Qspace ABC Queue doCol: true Queue order: fifo Queue setCol: red Queue order: fifo Qspace XYZ Queue getCol: true Queue order: fifo I need to append every line in this file with Qspace & Queue, so that final o/p shall look like this, Qspace: ABC Queue: doCol Qspace: ABC Queue: doCol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl file processing

I have an input array like : "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX06B" SRID=100 MIN=2 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX06B" SRID=200 MIN=1 "SVR2" GRP="ADM_BOX06B" SRID=100 MIN=1 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX88B" SRID=100 MIN=2 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX88B" SRID=200 MIN=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script processing error

open(IN,"input_file") or die "Can't open Input file.\n"; while (<IN>) { chomp; $line = $_; if($line != '') { print "\nprocessing $line\n"; $size = 0; $hrid = $line; @project_id_array = null; $size = @project_id_array;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
3 Replies

7. Programming

help me with perl script xml processing

Hi everyone, I have Xml files in a folder, I need to extract some attribute values form xml files and store in a hash. My xml file look like this. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Servicelist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavani reddy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl problem in processing excel file

Dear all, I got a perl script to write some data into an excel file using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser. After that I find all formulas in the excel file are gone. Does any body encounter this problem or have any work around? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script required for processing the data

I have following result.log file (always has 2 lines) which I need to process, cat result.log name.cmd.method,"result","abc","xyz"; name="hello,mine.12345,"&"tree"&" xyz "&" tree "&" xyz", data="way,"&" 1"&"rate-me"&"1"&"rate-me",str="",ret=""; now I need to extract the strings/data as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlDiva
4 Replies

10. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)