Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to connect oracle from unix Post 302177940 by ravi gongati on Monday 24th of March 2008 05:49:20 AM
Old 03-24-2008
Question How to connect oracle from unix

Hi All,

I am trying to connect oracle from unix mechine but i am getting an error like

Ksh: sqlplus: not found

Any one please tell me how to connect oracle from unix mechine.
I would appreciate if any one send the query.

Regards,
Ravi kumar.Gongati

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to oracle ??

Hi, I am a new user, who wants to connect to oracle through shell scripting. Can anybody help me? Regards, Divyesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divyesh shah
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

By default connect to the oracle at the time login to Unix

Hi, How to set or what I have to do, so that at the time of login into unix, it will connect by default to Oracle server. Thanks Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to COnnect to Oracle database from UNIX Box

I am trying to connect to Oracle Databse from UNIX box using sqlplus command. But i get sqplus not found message. $ sqlplus sqlplus: not found I have searched in forums and all are suggesting to set environment varaibles...can somebody tell me what variables to set and how to set.and the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelarosh
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect with oracle database using unix...

Hi all I am working in datawarehouse project and use DB2 database . shell scripting is written to connect with DB2 database in my application but i dont know how to connect with oracle databse or other databases.Is there any command in unix to connect any of these datbases? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix - Oracle DB Connect

Hello, Returing to Unix scripts after a long while, This might be a simple question for most of you , I need to connect from a .sh script to oracle, select XYZ.nextval from dual , , meaning either get the Current Val or Next Val for a sequence. How do I store the return value , I know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to connect Oracle

In unix i login as root but when i am conneting to SQL as sqlplus "/ as sysdba" then its telling "sh: sqlplus: not found".. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user to oracle to connect Oracle 11g DB with 'sysdba'

I need to connect my Oracle 11g DB from shell script with 'sysdba' permissions. To do this I have to switch user from 'root' to 'oracle'. I've tried the following with no success. su - oracle -c "<< EOF1 sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF2 whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'. What is wrong with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
GETPEEREID(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     GETPEEREID(3)

NAME
getpeereid -- get the effective credentials of a UNIX-domain peer LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int getpeereid(int s, uid_t *euid, gid_t *egid); DESCRIPTION
The getpeereid() function returns the effective user and group IDs of the peer connected to a UNIX-domain socket. The argument s must be a UNIX-domain socket (unix(4)) of type SOCK_STREAM on which either connect(2) or listen(2) have been called. The effective used ID is placed in euid, and the effective group ID in egid. The credentials returned to the listen(2) caller are those of its peer at the time it called connect(2); the credentials returned to the connect(2) caller are those of its peer at the time it called listen(2). This mechanism is reliable; there is no way for either side to influence the credentials returned to its peer except by calling the appropriate system call (i.e., either connect(2) or listen(2)) under different effective credentials. One common use of this routine is for a UNIX-domain server to verify the credentials of its client. Likewise, the client can verify the cre- dentials of the server. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
On FreeBSD, getpeereid() is implemented in terms of the LOCAL_PEERCRED unix(4) socket option. RETURN VALUES
The getpeereid() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
The getpeereid() function fails if: [EBADF] The argument s is not a valid descriptor. [ENOTSOCK] The argument s is a file, not a socket. [ENOTCONN] The argument s does not refer to a socket on which connect(2) or listen(2) have been called. [EINVAL] The argument s does not refer to a socket of type SOCK_STREAM, or the kernel returned invalid data. SEE ALSO
connect(2), getpeername(2), getsockname(2), getsockopt(2), listen(2), unix(4) HISTORY
The getpeereid() function appeared in FreeBSD 4.6. BSD
July 15, 2001 BSD