Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk/sed - getting string instead of number Post 302177918 by hrwath on Monday 24th of March 2008 03:57:35 AM
Old 03-24-2008
awk/sed - getting string instead of number

Hi!

I am writing a script handling downloading list of files and I have to check whether file is present locally and if not finished than continue downloading. To do so I have to compare sizes of remote file and local file.

To check remote file size I have to parse something like this:

Code:
Moon:~ jaja$ curl --cookie /tmp/rpd-cookie.txt -I -L -s http://domain.com/path/to/some/file.zip
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
P3P: CP="ALL DSP COR CURa ADMa DEVa TAIa PSAa PSDa IVAa IVDa CONa TELa OUR STP UNI NAV STA PRE"
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:49:21 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Disposition: Attachment; filename=S02E02_20Simpson_20and_20Delilah.mp4
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-length: 80566953
Connection: Keep-Alive

So, in a script I have a line:

Code:
REMOTESIZE=`curl --cookie /tmp/rpd-cookie.txt -I -L -s $1 | grep Content-length | awk '{print $2}'`

But the problem is that I'm getting a string with \r at the end. I tried various combinations, also with tr and sed but no results. Second value, parsed from ls is a valid integer but I can't handle the first one...

Anyone could give me some tip? It's bash-script.

Thanks
hrwath

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed to replace second number in a random string

I need a sed line that will take STDM111 and change it to STDM161 the STDM will always be constant but the 3 numbers after will be random, I just need it to always replace the middle number with 6 regardless of what the numbers are. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK - number of specified characters in a string

Hello, I'm new to using AWK and would be grateful for some basic advice to get me started. I have a file consisting of 10 fields. Initially I wish to calculate the number of . , ~ and ^ characters in the 9th field ($9) of each line. This particular string also contains alphabetical... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olly
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace x Number of String Occurrence with Sed

Ok, So I have a huge file that has over 12000 lines in it. in this file, there are 589 occurrences of the string "use five-minute-interval" spread in various areas in the file. How can i replace the the last 250 of the occurrences of "use five-minute-interval" with "use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

4. Programming

get ID number from one string name by using awk

Hi guys, I am new to unix shell scripts. I have a file-A.txt which contained several names in "ABCo12345678.gz_to_ABCn12345678.gz" format. I want to extract the numbers in a "for" loop that means I can not use cut -c6-13 A.txt.Dose anyone know how to do it by using awk? Thank you so much. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrimpj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string to number conversion

Can someone explain whats happening here: $ awk 'BEGIN {print (2.5 - 1)}' 1,5 2.5 - 1 is correctly calculated to 1,5 (using european locale) $ echo "2.5" | awk '{temp = $1 - 1; print temp}' 1 If i now pipe the string 2.5 through awk it seems at it truncates 2.5 to 2? What's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beow
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting awk Output as number instead of String

Hi All, I have a file a.txt, content as mentioned below: 22454750 This data in this control file and I have a variable called vCount which contains a number. I need to extract the 22454750 from the above file and compare with the variable vCount. If match fine or else exit. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find number in string

I am trying to go through a file that has a few million lines. I want to only pull lines that contain a number anywhere in the ninth field, but it has to be after a "/" character. Here is my awk: awk -F\| '$9 ~ /\/*{1,}*/ {print $0}' file1 > file2 However, it is just printing out every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
CURLOPT_COOKIELIST(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					     CURLOPT_COOKIELIST(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_COOKIELIST - add to or manipulate cookies held in memory SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_COOKIELIST, char *cookie); DESCRIPTION
Pass a char * to a cookie string. Such a cookie can be either a single line in Netscape / Mozilla format or just regular HTTP-style header (Set-Cookie: ...) format. This will also enable the cookie engine. This adds that single cookie to the internal cookie store. Exercise caution if you are using this option and multiple transfers may occur. If you use the Set-Cookie format and don't specify a domain then the cookie is sent for any domain (even after redirects are followed) and cannot be modified by a server-set cookie. If a server sets a cookie of the same name (or maybe you've imported one) then both will be sent on a future transfer to that server, likely not what you intended. To address these issues set a domain in Set-Cookie (doing that will include sub-domains) or use the Netscape format as shown in EXAMPLE. Additionally, there are commands available that perform actions if you pass in these exact strings: ALL erases all cookies held in memory SESS erases all session cookies held in memory FLUSH writes all known cookies to the file specified by CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR(3) RELOAD loads all cookies from the files specified by CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE(3) DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
/* This example shows an inline import of a cookie in Netscape format. You can set the cookie as HttpOnly to prevent XSS attacks by prepending #HttpOnly_ to the hostname. That may be useful if the cookie will later be imported by a browser. */ #define SEP " " /* Tab separates the fields */ char *my_cookie = "example.com" /* Hostname */ SEP "FALSE" /* Include subdomains */ SEP "/" /* Path */ SEP "FALSE" /* Secure */ SEP "0" /* Expiry in epoch time format. 0 == Session */ SEP "foo" /* Name */ SEP "bar"; /* Value */ /* my_cookie is imported immediately via CURLOPT_COOKIELIST. */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_COOKIELIST, my_cookie); /* The list of cookies in cookies.txt will not be imported until right before a transfer is performed. Cookies in the list that have the same hostname, path and name as in my_cookie are skipped. That is because libcurl has already imported my_cookie and it's considered a "live" cookie. A live cookie won't be replaced by one read from a file. */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "cookies.txt"); /* import */ /* Cookies are exported after curl_easy_cleanup is called. The server may have added, deleted or modified cookies by then. The cookies that were skipped on import are not exported. */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "cookies.txt"); /* export */ curl_easy_perform(curl); /* cookies imported from cookies.txt */ curl_easy_cleanup(curl); /* cookies exported to cookies.txt */ AVAILABILITY
ALL was added in 7.14.1 SESS was added in 7.15.4 FLUSH was added in 7.17.1 RELOAD was added in 7.39.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE(3), CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR(3), CURLOPT_COOKIE(3), CURLINFO_COOKIELIST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 April 26, 2016 CURLOPT_COOKIELIST(3)