Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX command to change duplex settings.. Post 302177818 by Perderabo on Sunday 23rd of March 2008 04:21:07 PM
Old 03-23-2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Duplex Settings

Hi All I've been having a lot of errors logged on the Cisco Catalyst (4000 series) which one of my Solaris servers is patched into. I have a feeling they are duplex related, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to confirm that. How do I: 1. Check the duplex settings on my eri0 card? 2. Set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how do I change locale settings?

I support a product which writes to log files and it's currently formatting the date in US format. I've established this is due to these settings: account1# locale -k d_fmt t_fmt d_fmt="%m/%d/%y" t_fmt="%H:%M:%S" If I log on with a different account the settings are different: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m223464
1 Replies

3. Solaris

change NIC to 1000 Mbps full duplex

Hi all, I tried to use this command ndd -set /dev/eri adv_1000fdx_cap 1 but i get a "operation failed, Invalid argument" anyone can help ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarReNz
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Speed and Duplex Settings: bge

Evening, I am attempting to change the speed and duplex settings on a single interface on a bge card on an m3000 SPARC server. Currently the settings are as follows: bge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full bge1 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
13 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to change Speed Duplex

How to change Speed Duplex ! How to change Speed Duplex by command chdev -P -l ent1 -a media_speed=1000_Full_Duplex How to change Speed Duplex by Smitty . smitty chgenet -> select adapter -> change Media speed etc. -> set "Apply change to DATABASE only" to yes -> Enter -> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
0 Replies

7. AIX

Settings change in aix

Hi Can any one tell the procedure to change the maxpout and minpout settings on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Change user settings..

Hi, I have 48 cores in my server. I want to assign 50% of the cores to certain programs and rest to some other programms. I found the command "taskset" very good option to assign cpu afinity to already running programms or newly created programms. But the problem is even if i set a cron to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rantu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script help for monitoring duplex settings

So I have a server I am trying to set up a script to send a Wall message notifying of my eth0 nic being set to 100 half duplex instead of 100 full duplex. I know I am trying to read from /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 to pull the parameters STARTMODE=onboot BOOTPROTO=static... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutador72
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] Change settings

Hi, I have a big settings confg (file attached). There are a few separate tasks that I have to accomplish. All scripting/programming languages are appreciated. 1. I need to parse all values and output to stdout. Sample output (truncated): VALUEA 2017-01-01 Lores ipsum Lorem ipsum dolor sit... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
11 Replies
TXP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device txp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_txp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. Each of the host's network addresses is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The txp interface employs the address resolu- tion protocol described in arp(4) to dynamically map between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex HARDWARE
The txp driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3cR990B-TXM o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 o 3Com 3cR990B-SRV SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), miibus(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 2.9. BSD
March 12, 2009 BSD