Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users thread context switches: detection, prevention Post 302177790 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 23rd of March 2008 10:00:54 AM
Old 03-23-2008
Raise the base priority of the process.

Use realtime processing in sched.h if your system has it. I do not know if java supports this or not.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signal Handling and Context Switches

Hi guys, this is my first posting, so at first hi to everyone! ;) I have a problem with ucontext_t in connection with signal handling. I want to simulate a preemptive scheduler. I am using the iTimer with ITIMER_PROF, to schedule the interrupts. You find the code below: #include <stdio.h>... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: XComp
18 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Anyone knows any prevention against identity theft?

I have recently been victimized by the theft of my credit card. But, due to favorable situations I could prevent it from being miss-used and was able to make thins go in the right way.Anyways , I would like to know that if there any services which keeps your financial information safe and make you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: levi
4 Replies

3. Programming

Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions related to if in awk context and if without awk context

I wrote this code, questions follow #! /bin/bash -f # Purpose - to show how if syntax is used within an awk clear; ls -l; echo "This will print out the first two columns of the inputted file in this directory"; echo "Enter filename found in this directory"; read input; ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seth
11 Replies
PTHREAD_SWITCH_ADD_NP(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				  PTHREAD_SWITCH_ADD_NP(3)

NAME
pthread_switch_add_np, pthread_switch_delete_np -- thread context switches debugging primitives LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread_np.h> int pthread_switch_add_np(pthread_switch_routine_t routine); int pthread_switch_delete_np(pthread_switch_routine_t routine); DESCRIPTION
An application is allowed to monitor the thread context switches inside the threading library. An application can install a routine that gets called every time a thread (explicitly created by an application with the pthread_create(3) function) gets the context switched. The routine is passed the thread IDs of the threads that are being switched in and out. Installation and removal of these hooks may be done using the pthread_switch_add_np() and pthread_switch_delete_np() functions respectively. RETURN VALUES
If successful, these functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_switch_add_np() may fail if: [EINVAL] NULL pointer was passed in the routine argument. The pthread_switch_delete_np() may fail if: [EINVAL] The routine argument is different from the argument previously passed to the pthread_switch_add_np() function. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 13, 2003 BSD