Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to mount SAN volume with its increased size Post 302177680 by ather_36 on Saturday 22nd of March 2008 02:14:13 PM
Old 03-22-2008
Hello
In RH Linux if u r using LVM then It is possible to extend the size of the volume and Filesystem.Fdisk partition are really hard to extend.Try using command parted or first look the docs about parted.
Also try command ext2online for Filesystem resizing.
Before doing anything take a complete backup of ur partition.
Thanks & Regards
Athar Hussain

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Howto clone/migrate a volume in the SAN

Dear Srs, I have a Linux server (linux01) booting from SAN with a volume in a Nexsan SATAbeast storage array (san01). The disk/volume has four ext3 partitions, total size is near to 400GB, but only 20-30GB are in use. I need to move this disk/volume to another Nexsan SATAbeast storage array... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

2. AIX

Volume Groups and the SAN

Hello all. I have a perplexing problem I have an AIX 5.1 system on an EMC SAN. This system had been on a CX400 SAN for several years. The system was migrated to a CX700 just over a week ago. The migration consisted of utilizing on of the HBAs in the system and connecting to both SANs ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
9 Replies

3. AIX

AIX mount points (SAN)

I have a mount point that I would like to have RW on one server and RO on 2 other servers. The issue that I have is that it does not seem to update on the RO servers when I make changes on the server that is RW. Lets say I have /oracle/clone mounted RW on serverA. I am able to mount /oracle/clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

cannot mount volume

Hi I have recently install ubuntu on my laptop. I have tried to access my external drive wich is NTFS format but i get the following error: ´Cannot mount volume´ Can someone help me please?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DDoS
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Ldom OS on SAN based zfs volume

Is it possible to use zvol from SAN LUN to install LDOM OS ? I 'm using following VDS from my service domain VDS NAME LDOM VOLUME DEVICE primary-vds0 primary iso sol-10-u6-ga1-sparc-dvd.iso cdrom ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount a volume

Hi, I dig up an old topic because I don't find the solution with shell but with applescript mount volume "smb://MyIP/itransfert/Public/1-Arrivees" as user name "MyIP\\itransfert_cs" with password "MyPassword" Otherwise I would want to know the reason it doesn't work with bash: I have a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

Volume group not activated at boot after SAN migration

I have an IBM blade running RHEL 5.4 server, connected to two Hitachi SANs using common fibre cards & Brocade switches. It has two volume groups made from old SAN LUNs. The old SAN needs to be retired so we allocated LUNs from the new SAN, discovered the LUNs as multipath disks (4 paths) and grew... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to mount a 79TB SAN storage to another server?

Hi Team, How do i mount or connect the SAN storage to a specific folder. I have tried to mount it but each time i can only mount 900GB of the storage to the folder: ipmi1 ~]# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup-root_vol ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElVista
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.3 - SAN mount QFS or ZFS

Hi all, I'm using Solaris 11.3. HBA port connected to SAN disk 3T. AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t600A0B800033696A0000214B571938F1d0 <SUN-CSM200_R-0760 cyl 44556 alt 2 hd 255 sec 189> /scsi_vhci/ssd@g600a0b800033696a0000214b571938f1 1. c2t3C58620E0C565100d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manhte1
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - SAN Mount and Unmount on LPAR

We have 2 LPAR. LPAR #1 have a Application, Database Server process (ctree Server) and SAN+Physical Table. LPAR#2 has only Application. Both Application process are connected to Database via C-tree Server Process (Running on LPAR #1.. We want to keep one Active C-tree Server and one Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
rmvol(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  rmvol(8)

NAME
rmvol - Removes a volume from an existing file domain SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rmvol [-f] [-v] special domain OPTIONS
Forces the removal of a volume that contains one or more stripe segments without first requesting confirmation. Displays messages that describe which files are moved off the specified volume. Using this option slows the rmvol process. OPERANDS
Specifies the block device special file name, such as /dev/disk/dsk2c, of the volume that you are removing from the file domain. Specifies the name of the file domain. DESCRIPTION
The rmvol utility enables you to decrease the number of volumes within an existing file domain. When you attempt to remove a volume, the file system automatically migrates the contents of that volume to another volume in the file domain. The logical structure of the filesets in a file domain is unaffected when you remove a volume. If you remove a volume that contains a stripe segment, the rmvol utility moves the segment to another volume that does not already contain a stripe segment of the same file. If a file is striped across all volumes in the file domain, the utility requests confirmation before placing a second stripe segment on a volume that has one. Before you can remove a volume from a file domain, all filesets in the file domain must be mounted. If you try to remove a volume from an active file domain that includes unmounted filesets, the system displays an error message indicating that a fileset is unmounted. This mes- sage is repeated until you mount all filesets in the file domain. If you attempt to remove a volume from an inactive file domain, the system returns the ENO_SUCH_DOMAIN error message. A file domain is inactive when none of its filesets is mounted. In this case, the rmvol command does not remove the volume. If there is not enough free space on other volumes in the file domain to accept the offloaded files from the departing volume, the rmvol utility moves as many files as possible to free space on other volumes. Then a message is sent to the console indicating that there is not enough space to complete the procedure. The files that were not yet moved remain on the original volume. You can interrupt the rmvol process without damaging your file domain. AdvFS will stop removing files from the volume. Files already removed from the volume will remain in their new location. Interrupting an rmvol operation with the kill command can leave the volume in an inaccessible state. If a volume does not allow new allocations after an rmvol operation, use the chvol command with the -A option to reac- tivate the volume. RESTRICTIONS
You cannot run the rmvol utility while the defragment, balance, rmfset, or rmvol utility is running on the same domain. You must be the root user to use this utility. EXAMPLES
The following example removes a volume from an active file domain called accounts_dmn. The file domain contains two volumes, /dev/disk/dsk1c and /dev/disk/dsk2c. This example removes volume /dev/disk/dsk1c from the file domain: # rmvol /dev/disk/dsk1c accounts_dmn The /etc/fdmns/accounts_dmn subdirectory now has only one entry, the entry for /dev/disk/dsk2c. The following example removes one volume from a three-volume file domain. Each volume in the accounts_dmn file domain contains one segment of /usr/myfile, which is a three-way striped file: # rmvol /dev/disk/dsk3c accounts_dmn rmvol: Removing volume '/dev/disk/dsk3c' from domain 'accounts_dmn' This volume contains one stripe segment of /usr/myfile, which will be moved to another volume in the file domain that already con- tains a stripe segment of /usr/myfile. Do you want to continue? (y/n):y One volume in the accounts_dmn file domain now contains two stripe segments of myfile, which is no longer an optimally striped file. FILES
Specifies the command path. Contains file domain names and devices. SEE ALSO
addvol(8), advfs(4), advscan(8), fdmns(4), mkfdmn(8), stripe(8) rmvol(8)