Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to mount SAN volume with its increased size Post 302177568 by prvnrk on Friday 21st of March 2008 02:42:03 PM
Old 03-21-2008
how to mount SAN volume with its increased size

Hi,

We have 200GB SAN volume mounted on Redhat EL 5. which is working fine. As my SAN supports dynamic resizing of volumes, i unmounted the volume and resized the SAN Volume to 300 GB successfully. Then i mounted again but it shows 200GB only but data is intact.

Now, my requirement is to let Linux see whole 300GB and be able to mount full 300GB along with data.

Pl advise.

Thanks
Prvn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Howto clone/migrate a volume in the SAN

Dear Srs, I have a Linux server (linux01) booting from SAN with a volume in a Nexsan SATAbeast storage array (san01). The disk/volume has four ext3 partitions, total size is near to 400GB, but only 20-30GB are in use. I need to move this disk/volume to another Nexsan SATAbeast storage array... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

2. AIX

Volume Groups and the SAN

Hello all. I have a perplexing problem I have an AIX 5.1 system on an EMC SAN. This system had been on a CX400 SAN for several years. The system was migrated to a CX700 just over a week ago. The migration consisted of utilizing on of the HBAs in the system and connecting to both SANs ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
9 Replies

3. AIX

AIX mount points (SAN)

I have a mount point that I would like to have RW on one server and RO on 2 other servers. The issue that I have is that it does not seem to update on the RO servers when I make changes on the server that is RW. Lets say I have /oracle/clone mounted RW on serverA. I am able to mount /oracle/clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

cannot mount volume

Hi I have recently install ubuntu on my laptop. I have tried to access my external drive wich is NTFS format but i get the following error: ´Cannot mount volume´ Can someone help me please?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DDoS
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Ldom OS on SAN based zfs volume

Is it possible to use zvol from SAN LUN to install LDOM OS ? I 'm using following VDS from my service domain VDS NAME LDOM VOLUME DEVICE primary-vds0 primary iso sol-10-u6-ga1-sparc-dvd.iso cdrom ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount a volume

Hi, I dig up an old topic because I don't find the solution with shell but with applescript mount volume "smb://MyIP/itransfert/Public/1-Arrivees" as user name "MyIP\\itransfert_cs" with password "MyPassword" Otherwise I would want to know the reason it doesn't work with bash: I have a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

Volume group not activated at boot after SAN migration

I have an IBM blade running RHEL 5.4 server, connected to two Hitachi SANs using common fibre cards & Brocade switches. It has two volume groups made from old SAN LUNs. The old SAN needs to be retired so we allocated LUNs from the new SAN, discovered the LUNs as multipath disks (4 paths) and grew... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to mount a 79TB SAN storage to another server?

Hi Team, How do i mount or connect the SAN storage to a specific folder. I have tried to mount it but each time i can only mount 900GB of the storage to the folder: ipmi1 ~]# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup-root_vol ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElVista
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.3 - SAN mount QFS or ZFS

Hi all, I'm using Solaris 11.3. HBA port connected to SAN disk 3T. AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t600A0B800033696A0000214B571938F1d0 <SUN-CSM200_R-0760 cyl 44556 alt 2 hd 255 sec 189> /scsi_vhci/ssd@g600a0b800033696a0000214b571938f1 1. c2t3C58620E0C565100d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manhte1
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - SAN Mount and Unmount on LPAR

We have 2 LPAR. LPAR #1 have a Application, Database Server process (ctree Server) and SAN+Physical Table. LPAR#2 has only Application. Both Application process are connected to Database via C-tree Server Process (Running on LPAR #1.. We want to keep one Active C-tree Server and one Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
norewind_close_disabled(5)					File Formats Manual					norewind_close_disabled(5)

NAME
norewind_close_disabled - determine whether access to tape device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option is allowed VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
Note: this tunable was named in releases prior to HP-UX 11i v3. This tunable notifies the tape driver whether it should allow access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. When this tunable is on, the tape driver will fail any open on a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option (that is, or with a status of The tunable allows the safe sharing of tape devices in SAN tape backup solution configurations. The disabling of device special files without no-rewind-on-close in a SAN tape backup solution configuration prevents the accidental sending of a rewind command on close from HP-UX systems via standard tape commands like which would corrupt a backup in process. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on if the system is going to be used in a SAN tape backup solution configuration. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? The tape driver will fail any open to a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option with a status of This behavior prevents the usage of any tape device special file without the no-rewind-on-close option. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? This tunable should be turned off if the system is not part of a SAN tape backup solution configuration or the system utilizes will not function unless it has access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? A rewind may be issued accidentally from this system on close, possibly corrupting a backup being issued from another system on the SAN. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. EXAMPLES
Query the current value of the tunable: Set the value of the tunable to To save the value of the tunable across reboots: WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
scsi_tape(7), scsimgr_estape(7). Tunable Kernel Parameters norewind_close_disabled(5)