Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris multipathing
Operating Systems Solaris solaris multipathing Post 302177290 by simquest on Thursday 20th of March 2008 03:06:06 PM
Old 03-20-2008
The command mpathadm list lu have no result.
but, the disks are listed with format.

-bash-3.00# mpathadm list initiator-port
Initiator Port: iqn.1986-03.com.sun:01:080020fedd90.47deb6b4,4000002a00ff
Initiator Port: 210000e08b9d7baf

-bash-3.00# mpathadm show initiator-port 210000e08b9d7baf
Initiator Port: 210000e08b9d7baf
Transport Type: Fibre Channel
OS Device File: /devices/pci@1f,2000/QLGC,qlc@1/fp@0,0
-bash-3.00# mpathadm list lu
-bash-3.00#

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Quick Poll: Solaris IP Multipathing

I've setup Solaris IP Multipathing under Solaris whenever the hardware to do so was available. I find it amazing though that so few places I've worked at don't use it until I arrive. I wanted to find out if I'm running into all the exceptions, or is it really not being used? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing (IPMP) Help

Hello All, I work for a Health care company at a local trauma hospital. I maintain a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PAC's). Basically, any medical images (X-Ray, CT, MRI, Mammo, etc) are stored digitally on the servers for viewing and dictation from diagnostic stations. I took over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegeek
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing

Hi, I saw your post on the forums about how to setup IP multipathing. I wanted your help on the below situation . I have 2 servers A and B . Now they should be connected to 2 network switches . S1 and S2. Now is it possible to have IP Multipathing on each of the servers as follows ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maadhuu
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Disable Inbuilt multipathing software of Solaris 10

Dear UNIX Gurus I need to know how to disable MPXIO feature (Inbuilt multipathing software of Solaris 10) as we are going to implemented iSCSI EMC based SAN. I am bit new to this feature so kindly suggest how to disable it Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris multipathing

Hai we using emc storage which is conneted to M5000 through san switch. we asign 13 luns but in server it is showing 22 luns. i enable the solaris multipathing (MPxIO) #more /kernel/drv/fp.conf in that file MPxio-disable=no #mpathadm list lu it shows ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshmani
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Multipathing - problem

Hello, I turned on the server multipathing: # uname -a SunOS caiman 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5140 stmsboot -D fp -e And after a reboot the server, multipathing is not enable: # stmsboot -L stmsboot: MPxIO is not enabled stmsboot: MPxIO disabled # ls /dev/dsk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Cleanup Multipathing

I have a server running redhat 5.5 and it has one SAN device presented to it as LUN9. How can I clean up the remaining entries. I cannot afford to interupt the service. Please assist. # multipath -l mpath0 (36000097000019260298953666633436) dm-11 EMC,SYMMETRIX \_ round-robin 0 \_ 2:0:0:9 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

8. AIX

Multipathing in AIX

Hi, I know the concept of multipathing, but would like to know how to configure multipathing in AIX. or software/driver is by default present in AIX?????? How to find out wheather multipathing is configured in AIX????? Regards, Manu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

9. Solaris

ZeusIOPS multipathing failed Solaris 11

hi, just installed solaris 11.1 (11.1.9.5.1) on a sun7410 ZFSSA (x4440 + j4400), but when I enable multipathing with "stmsboot -e", only the 1TB SATA drives inside the j4400 are configured as multipathed vhci / mpxio devices, but the logzillas / ZeusIOPS drives are skipped. the server is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Verify multipathing

I have a couple of questions regarding multipath. If I do vgdisplay vg01, I see it is using 1 PV: /dev/dm-13 If I type multipath -ll I see dm-9, dm-10, dm-11, dm-12, but do not see dm-13. Is my vg01 multipathed? How can I actually know for sure? Secondly, let's say this time vg01 says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux