Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding the file which is modified within last 2 hours Post 302177275 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 20th of March 2008 02:22:01 PM
Old 03-20-2008
You need perl, python or C - here is perl
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
secs()
{
	perl -e ' 
			 $mtime = (stat $ARGV[0])[9];
			 $diff = time() - $mtime;
			 if ($diff > ( $ARGV[1] * 3600 )) 
			 {
			     print "1";	
			 }
			 else
			 {
			     print "0";	
			 }
			' $1  $2
}
hours=2
for file in `ls *.pl`
do
	older=$(secs $file $hours)
	if [[ $older -eq 1 ]] ; then
	   echo "$file is older"
	else
	   echo "$file is not older"
	fi   
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding only those files older than 2 hours

I need to write a program that will only remove those files that are older than 2 hours. Is there some variation of find . -mtime ? -name '*' that I can use? Thanks as always for your help. Regards, Dave :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding modified File List after the chosen date in Korne Shell...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell asking the user for a date and a directory and then search recursively in this directory the list of files modified after the date chosen. But I am not getting good results when I Test it... #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter a date (YYYYMMDD) " read date touch -t... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding a file created within the last 24 hours

which out of atime, ctime, or mtime are the closest to diplaying only the files created within the last 24 hours. is it even possible to find only the files created in the last 24 hours, because I heard that unix files don't hold the creation time as a property of the file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the list of users who modified a file

Dear all, Need a quick help/suggestion on monitoring a particular directory . We have a deployment directory say (/users/integration/deploy ) under this there are several files which can be edited by a number of users - We need to write a script which will check this deployment directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding the modified date time of a file

Hi, I am new bie to Unix. Might be a simple question I am asking. I want to find the last modified time of a file and find the difference between the currrent time and the last modified time. Appreciate, if someone can throw some light on what commands can be used. Cheers, James (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesJoe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if a file has a last modified date of within the last 24 hours

Hi there Im trying to find a way to test whether the last modified time is older than 1 day or not so #!/bin/bash if ; then $TOUCHED = "recently" else $TOUCHED = "not so recently" fi ive seen loads of posts where people are using find and the -mtime property but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

list of files modified 10 hours ago using grep

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is the question: Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fight4love
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files modified by hours instead of minutes

Is there an easy way to find files modified by hours? If you wanted to find something modified by like 28 hours then I know you could do this: find . -mmin -1440It is pain to break out a calculator and calculate in minutes. Could you do something similar to this? I know I don't have the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding the latest modified version of a file within directories

I am trying to look into multiple directories and pluck out the latest version of a specific file, regardless of where it sits within the directory structure. Ex: The file is a .xls file and could have a depth within the directory of anywhere from 1-5 Working directory - Folder1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: co21ss
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to get the modified files past 2 hours

Hello, How to get the modified/created files past 2 hours in Solaris with find command? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies
PX_INSERT_RECORD(3)													       PX_INSERT_RECORD(3)

px_insert_record - Inserts record into paradox database

SYNOPSIS
int px_insert_record (resource $pxdoc, array $data) DESCRIPTION
Inserts a new record into the database. The record is not necessarily inserted at the end of the database, but may be inserted at any position depending on where the first free slot is found. The record data is passed as an array of field values. The elements in the array must correspond to the fields in the database. If the array has less elements than fields in the database, the remaining fields will be set to null. Most field values can be passed as its equivalent php type e.g. a long value is used for fields of type PX_FIELD_LONG, PX_FIELD_SHORT and PX_FIELD_AUTOINC, a double values is used for fields of type PX_FIELD_CURRENCY and PX_FIELD_NUMBER. Field values for blob and alpha fields are passed as strings. Fields of type PX_FIELD_TIME and PX_FIELD_DATE both require a long value. In the first case this is the number of milliseconds since mid- night. In the second case this is the number of days since 1.1.0000. Below there are two examples to convert the current date or timestamp into a value suitable for one of paradox's date/time fields. Note This function is only available if pxlib >= 0.6.0 is used. PARAMETERS
o $pxdoc - Resource identifier of the paradox database as returned by px_new(3). o $data - Associated or indexed array containing the field values as e.g. returned by px_retrieve_record(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns FALSE on failure or the record number in case of success. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Set the date/time fields in a paradox database to the current date/time <?php $px = px_new(); $fp = fopen("test.db", "w+"); px_create_fp($px, $fp, array(array("timestamp", "@"), array("time", "T"), array("date", "D"))); $curdate = getdate(); $jd = gregoriantojd($curdate["mon"], $curdate["mday"], $curdate["year"]); $days = $jd - 1721425; /* Number of days between 1.1.4714 b.c. and 1.1.0000 */ $secs = $curdate["hours"]*3600 + $curdate["minutes"]*60 + $curdate["seconds"]; px_insert_record($px, array($days*86400000.0 + $secs*1000.0, $secs*1000.0, $days)); $curtimestamp = microtime(true); $days = (int) ($curtimestamp/86400); $secs = $curtimestamp - ($days * 86400.0); $days += 2440588; /* Number of days between 1.1.4714 b.c. and 1.1.1970 */ $days -= 1721425; /* Number of days between 1.1.4714 b.c. and 1.1.0000 */ px_insert_record($px, array($days*86400000.0 + $secs*1000.0, $secs*1000.0, $days)); for($i=0; $i<2; $i++) { $rec = px_retrieve_record($px, $i); echo px_timestamp2string($px, $rec["timestamp"], "n/d/Y H:i:s")." "; echo px_date2string($px, $rec["date"], "n/d/Y")." "; } px_close($px); px_delete($px); ?> The above example will output: 2/21/2006 21:42:30 2/21/2006 2/21/2006 20:42:30 2/21/2006 The Julian day count as passed to jdtogregorian(3) has a different base of 1.1.4714 b.c. and must therefore be calculated by adding 1721425 to the day count used in the paradox file. Turning the day count into a timestamp is easily done by multiplying with 86400000.0 to obtain milli seconds. SEE ALSO
px_update_record(3) PHP Documentation Group PX_INSERT_RECORD(3)