Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove last character of a term Post 302177135 by Raynon on Thursday 20th of March 2008 06:04:56 AM
Old 03-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Place this command before the code in blue to remove the comma:

Code:
sub(",","",$3)

Regards

Hi Franklin,

Thks that's clean.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a ^M character

Hi, I'd like to ask for some help with the following: I've cut a couple of columns of file1 to create file2 with the following code: cur -f 1,3,8 file1 > file2 Then I need to transfer file 2 from UNIX to Windows and use it further. Unfortunatelly, for some reason the line is displayed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove \ character

Dear Members, I have a file which is a single line file. It has "\" character and i need to replace this character with a new line character. How can we do this? I tried with sed but it did not work. sed 's//"\n"/g' t1 > t2Thanks Sandeep (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove first character if it is zero

Hi All, I have a input like this. 01 i want the output like this. 1 But if the input file is like 11 i should not do anything. Can anyone please help to get a command to do this. thanks, Giri. ---------- Post updated at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:04 AM ----------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space before a character

Hi guys, I am new to shell scripting and I have a small problem...If someone can solve this..that would be great I am trying to form a XML by reading a flat file using shell scripting This is my shell script LINE_FILE1=`cat FLEX_FILE1.TXT | head -1 | tail -1` echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove first 2 character from file name

Hi All Please help me to remove the first 2 character from the file name. files are like this $ ls 12aman file 13atul si 56rana se I want to remove the first 2 char which are numbers. I want the o/p like thus aman file atul si rana se (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last character from filename

Hi All, I have different type of file (.txt,.csv,.xml) format in my current directory. My requirement is that I need to remove the last character from the file format. Example count.txt$ csp_rules.csv^ Date.xml~ Need Output: count.txt csp_rules.csv Date.xml How to do that?.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline character if it is the only character in the entire file.?

I have a file which comes every day and the file data look's as below. Vi abc.txt a|b|c|d\n a|g|h|j\n Some times we receive the file with only a new line character in the file like vi abc.txt \n (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rak Kundra
8 Replies
pfm_cleanup(3ncs)														 pfm_cleanup(3ncs)

Name
       pfm_cleanup - establish a clean-up handler

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/base.h>
       #include <idl/c/pfm.h>

status_$t pfm_$cleanup(cleanup_record)
       pfm_$cleanup_rec *cleanup_record;

Arguments
       cleanup_record	   A  record  of the context when is called.  A program should treat this as an opaque data structure and not try to alter
			   or copy its contents.  It is needed by and to restore the context of the calling process at the clean-up handler  entry
			   point.

Description
       The  routine  establishes a clean-up handler that is executed when a fault occurs.  A clean-up handler is a piece of code executed before a
       program exits when a signal is received by the process.	The clean-up handler begins where is called; the routine registers an entry  point
       with the system where program execution resumes when a fault occurs.  When a fault occurs, execution resumes after the most recent call to

There  can  be  more  than one clean-up handler in a program.  Multiple clean-up handlers are executed consecutively on a last-in/first-out
       basis, starting with the most recently established handler and ending with the first clean-up  handler.	 The  system  provides	a  default
       clean-up  handler  established at program invocation.  The default clean-up handler is always called last, just before a program exits, and
       releases any system resources still held, before returning control to the process that invoked the program.

Diagnostics
       When called to establish a clean-up handler, returns the status pfm_$cleanup_set to indicate the clean-up handler was  successfully  estab-
       lished.	 When the clean-up handler is entered in response to a fault signal, effectively returns the value of the fault that triggered the
       handler.

This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

pfm_$bad_rls_order  Attempted to release a clean-up handler out of order.

pfm_$cleanup_not_found
			   There is no pending clean-up handler.

pfm_$cleanup_set    A clean-up handler was established successfully.

pfm_$cleanup_set_signaledl
			   Attempted to use pfm_$cleanup_set as a signal.

pfm_$invalid_cleanup_rec
			   Passed an invalid clean-up record to a routine.

pfm_$no_space	   Cannot allocate storage for a clean-up handler.  Clean-up handler code runs with asynchronous faults  inhibited.   When
			   returns  something  other  than  pfm_$cleanup_set indicating that a fault has occurred, there are four possible ways to
			   leave the clean-up code:

o	  The program can call to start the next clean-up handler with a different fault signal.

o	  The program can call to start the next clean-up handler with the same fault signal.

o	  The program can continue with the code following the clean-up handler.  It should  generally	call  to  reenable
				  asynchronous	faults.   Execution  continues from the end of the clean-up handler code; it does not resume where
				  the fault signal was received.

o	  The program can reestablish the handler by calling before proceeding.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), pfm_signal(3ncs)

pfm_cleanup(3ncs)