Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris where can i set editor option to yes Post 302177101 by oracle_sri on Thursday 20th of March 2008 03:52:33 AM
Old 03-20-2008
where can i set editor option to yes

Hi all
I am new to this forum (just registered)
I need help from you guys
Even if it is a basic question please don't hesitate to answer.Any answer will be helpful to me

I am unable to get the previously entered commands by pressing uparrow
When i enered uparrow it is giving ^[[A
I got information from google like we should set the "editor" parameter to "yes"
But i am unable to find where to set this option

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to set path for the EDITOR variable?

For some reason something has changing in my AIX environment where when I type: ACLEDIT filename ...I get: 3002-104 acledit: EDITOR environment variable must be full pathname I know I need to reset the EDITOR variables path to /usr/bin/vi but I can't remember the syntax anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

4. Programming

which socket should socket option on be set

Hi all, On the server side, one socket is used for listening, the others are used for communicating with the client. My question is: if i want to set option for socket, which socket should be set on? If either can be set, what's the different? Again, what's the different if set option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blademan100
1 Replies

5. AIX

how to set AUTOCOMMIT option in AIX

Hi, Can anybody tell,how to set the auto commit option in AIX,i have tried with environmental variables option like 'export db2option=-c +a'. But its not working in my environment. is there any other option? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DB2AIX
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx browser set permanently option

hi all, is there somebody that know how can I set an permanently option for the lynx text browser? The reason is if I open some URL's and type my login infos then lynx show follow message: P)roceed, use G)ET or C)ancel Server asked for 301 redirection of POST content to URL: The UNIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to set VI editor column size on Solaris?

I am setting the size using "stty columns 120" . But I still get the prompt saying "terminal too wide " when I am in vi. is there any time limit for this setting? how to set the column size to 120 permanently? Thanks in advance, Devi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvkdevi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Set i/o option

How do we set i/o option to direct or buffered i/o using mkfs command? I mean what is the option that is to be used.. Like that block size can be mentioned by using -o bsize=<> Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies
ganeti-confd(8) 						   Version 2.5.2						   ganeti-confd(8)

Name
       ganeti-confd - Ganeti conf daemon

Synopsis
       ganeti-confd [-f] [-d]

DESCRIPTION
ganeti-confd is a daemon used to answer queries related to the configuration of a Ganeti cluster. For testing purposes, you can give the -f option and the program won't detach from the running terminal. Debug-level message can be activated by giving the -d option. ROLE The role of the conf daemon is to make sure we have a highly available and very fast way to query cluster configuration values. This dae- mon is automatically active on all master candidates, and so has no single point of failure. It communicates via UDP so each query can eas- ily be sent to multiple servers, and it answers queries from a cached copy of the config it keeps in memory, so no disk access is required to get an answer. The config is reloaded from disk automatically when it changes, with a rate limit of once per second. If the conf daemon is stopped on all nodes, its clients won't be able to get query answers. COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL The confd protocol is an HMAC authenticated json-encoded custom format, over UDP. A client library is provided to make it easy to write software to query confd. More information can be found in the Ganeti 2.1 design doc, and an example usage can be seen in the (external) NBMA daemon for Ganeti. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to project website (http://code.google.com/p/ganeti/) or contact the developers using the Ganeti mailing list (ganeti@google- groups.com). SEE ALSO
Ganeti overview and specifications: ganeti(7) (general overview), ganeti-os-interface(7) (guest OS definitions). Ganeti commands: gnt-cluster(8) (cluster-wide commands), gnt-job(8) (job-related commands), gnt-node(8) (node-related commands), gnt- instance(8) (instance commands), gnt-os(8) (guest OS commands), gnt-group(8) (node group commands), gnt-backup(8) (instance import/export commands), gnt-debug(8) (debug commands). Ganeti daemons: ganeti-watcher(8) (automatic instance restarter), ganeti-cleaner(8) (job queue cleaner), ganeti-noded(8) (node daemon), ganeti-masterd(8) (master daemon), ganeti-rapi(8) (remote API daemon). Ganeti htools: htools(1) (generic binary), hbal(1) (cluster balancer), hspace(1) (capacity calculation), hail(1) (IAllocator plugin), hscan(1) (data gatherer from remote clusters). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Google Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. Ganeti ganeti-confd(8)