Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running services, how to disable some? Post 302176978 by empty on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 07:33:08 PM
Old 03-19-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
You need to become familar with /etc/services, inetd and inetd.conf. All have man pages on Solaris.
Hello fpmurphy!

Hello, i figured out how to disable, but witch one can I? Thats my main problem. I guess there are some solaris needs to run, but if I only need working apache,identd,ssh and ftp?

Best regards empty

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to disable services

Aix 5, how can I disable, telnet, ftp and snmp? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable running commands from vi

Hello, We have a requirement to disable running shell commands via vi using "!". Can anybody please suggest how to disable this option. The requirement arises because we open up a xterm window with a config file in vi mode for the customer to edit. After the customer edits the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Umesh_Sharoff
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable/Enable HP print services SCO OS 5

We're running SCO Open Server 5. On occassion we need to disable/enable HP print services. There's nothing that I have found in the HP printer manager that allows for this. I know we can stop/start print services via SCOADMIN. On occassion one of our HP printers will generate an error, the msg in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sighbrrguy
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 how do I enable and disable services? (equivalent of chkconfig on Linux)

I've successfully installed syslog-ng and chkconfig using the packages from the OpenCSW project, these packages install under /opt/csw. I now need to disable the default syslog daemon and enable the new service created by the OpenCSW package (/etc/init.d/cswsyslog_ng). Is there any good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
3 Replies

5. SuSE

Script to disable services

Hi All, I want to disable bunch of unused services on SLES and RHEL to improve the performance. Since we have more than 100 servers to disable services, I want to do with some script. Any one can give me an idea how to write a script to disable services. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Which command can be used to show running services?

Hi Dear Guys: I want to get a list of running services. Is there any command having this functionality? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to disable services ?

I would like to know how would i disable service which helps mounting of removable devices automatically? I dont want to disable mounting but i would like to disable automatic mounting of devices. I would like to do this as security major on one of our production server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

detecting the running services

I did search on the subject on services in linux and they do explain how to find what are the services that loaded when the linux boot. however I have not find how to detect what services run right now. I would like to now that and how to kill services. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to fetch all running services on HP-UX?

Hi All, I have a requirement to get all the running services on few HP-UX boxes. In Linux systems I am able to do that successfully using: chkconfig --list. However I can't find anything equivalent in HP-UX. If anyone has any pointers on the same then please suggest. Adyan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
4 Replies
GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)					       University of Chicago					     GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)

NAME
globus-gatekeeper-admin - Manage globus-gatekeeper services SYNOPSIS
globus-gatekeeper-admin [-h] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-l] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-e SERVICE] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-E] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-d SERVICE] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gatekeeper-admin program manages service entries which are used by the globus-gatekeeper to execute services. Service entries are located in the /etc/grid-services directory. The globus-gatekeeper-admin can list, enable, or disable specific services, or set a service as the default. The -h command-line option shows a brief usage message. Listing services The -l command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to list all of the services which are available to be run by the globus-gatekeeper. In the output, the service name will be followed by its status in brackets. Possible status strings are ENABLED, DISABLED, and ALIAS to NAME, where NAME is another service name. If the -n NAME is used, then only information about the service named NAME is printed. Enabling services The -e SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service so that it may be run by the globus-gatekeeper. If the -n NAME option is used as well, then the service will be enabled with the alias NAME. Enabling a default service The -E command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service alias with the name jobmanager. The globus-gatekeeper-admin program will choose the first service it finds as the default. To enable a particular service as the default, use the -e parameter described above with the -n parameter. Disabling services The -d SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to disable a service so that it may not be run by the globus-gatekeeper. All aliases to a disabled service are also disabled. FILES
/etc/grid-services Default location of enabled gatekeeper service descriptions. University of Chicago 12/13/2011 GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)