Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Thingamablog makes client-side blogging easy Post 302176865 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 11:10:02 AM
Old 03-19-2008
Thingamablog makes client-side blogging easy

Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:00:00 GMT
Thingamablog is a cross-platform GPL blogging application that lets you create, update, and maintain multiple blogs from the client side. Thingamablog even acts as its own FTP client when you're ready to publish or update your blog with new content. The software is easy enough for beginners to use, but sophisticated enough that veteran bloggers will appreciate it too.

Source...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running server side application on client demand

Ive written a java based "webscraper to rss feed" which resides on my college web space when I execute the app from putty it creates the feed and sets the permissions perfectly.I then wrote a php script to execute the app on demand from the browser using ... system("java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gleesonger
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH using the shell on the client side -- possible?

I have identical scripts on two machines: one a laptop running Ubuntu 9.04, and the other a Windows XP desktop running Cygwin. The files I'd like to process are on the Windows machine. Running the script in Cygwin engages eight calls to an external executable and spins off who knows how many forks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS client-side userid mapping

Folks, I am trying to solve the following problem. I have a process on machine A running as root that needs to mount and access an NFS partition being exported from machine B. However, I cannot have 'no_root_squash' option given on B, hence I see NFS requests from machine A end up as 'nobody'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helpmelearn
1 Replies

4. AIX

sftp : have to specify subsystem from client side

I have several ssh servers *running aix 5.3 and they respond to sftp requests just fine, but I have one that requires clients to specify the path to the sftp server using the -s flag which is*/usr/sbin/sftp-server I check the sshd_config across all servers and they are the same. *The other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: massdesign
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Not able to mount NFS share on client side

When i tried to mount the nfs i see this error message mount -t nfs 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 /nfsmount mount: 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied and the /etc/exports file in the host side looks like this /remote/proj1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
12 Replies

6. Programming

acknowledgement in client side with JMS and AMQP

Hi guys, I have two questions about acknowledgement in client side with JMS and AMQP: 1. what happens if we set CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE in producer side in JMS? 2. if basic.publish finishes executing and there is no exception thrown, this means message has been received in message server? or we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

7. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies
YAZ-URL(1)							     Commands								YAZ-URL(1)

NAME
yaz-url - YAZ URL fetch utility SYNOPSIS
yaz-url [-H name:value] [-m method] [-O fname] [-p fname] [-u user/password] [-x proxy] [url...] DESCRIPTION
yaz-url is utility to get web content. It is very limited in functionality compared to programs such as curl, wget. The options must be precede the URL given on the command line to take effect. Fetched HTTP content is written to stdout, unless option -O is given. OPTIONS
-H name:value Specifies HTTP header content with name and value. This option can be given multiple times (for different names, of course). -m method Specifies the HTTP method to be used for the next URL. Default is method "GET". However, option -p sets it to "POST". -O fname Sets output filename for HTTP content. -p fname Sets a file to be POSTed in the folloing URL. -u user/password Specifies a user and a password to be uesd in HTTP basic authentication in the following URL fetch. The user and password must be separated by a slash (this it is not possible to specify a user with a slash in it). -x proxy Specifies a proxy to be used for URL fetch. SEE ALSO
yaz(7) YAZ 4.2.30 04/16/2012 YAZ-URL(1)