Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: deleting file content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleting file content Post 302176853 by lisheen on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 10:36:52 AM
Old 03-19-2008
cat /dev/null

cat /dev/null > file.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all content in a file from command line

Hey guys, I'd like to delete all text within a text file without actually deleting the file. Is there a vi command I can do from my prompt without actually going into the file and doing a %d i think it is... to remove all the text inside? I want to add this to a cron job to erase all the data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting Multiple Files With the Same Content

My website has been hacked and i need to remove a lot of unique files with same content. The files have very similar code: eval(base64_decodeHow do i find multiple/all the files with the above code and remove them? Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boris_yo
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file to another file at a line number which is given by third file

Hi friends, here is my problem. I have three files like this.. cat file1.txt ======= unix is best unix is best linux is best unix is best linux is best linux is best unix is best unix is best cat file2.txt ======== Windows performs better Mac OS performs better Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
4 Replies
GET_META_TAGS(3)							 1							  GET_META_TAGS(3)

get_meta_tags - Extracts all meta tag content attributes from a file and returns an array

SYNOPSIS
array get_meta_tags (string $filename, [bool $use_include_path = false]) DESCRIPTION
Opens $filename and parses it line by line for <meta> tags in the file. The parsing stops at </head>. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The path to the HTML file, as a string. This can be a local file or an URL. Example #1 What get_meta_tags(3) parses <meta name="author" content="name"> <meta name="keywords" content="php documentation"> <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="a php manual"> <meta name="geo.position" content="49.33;-86.59"> </head> <!-- parsing stops here --> (pay attention to line endings - PHP uses a native function to parse the input, so a Mac file won't work on Unix). o $use_include_path - Setting $use_include_path to TRUE will result in PHP trying to open the file along the standard include path as per the include_path directive. This is used for local files, not URLs. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array with all the parsed meta tags. The value of the name property becomes the key, the value of the content property becomes the value of the returned array, so you can eas- ily use standard array functions to traverse it or access single values. Special characters in the value of the name property are substi- tuted with '_', the rest is converted to lower case. If two meta tags have the same name, only the last one is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #2 What get_meta_tags(3) returns <?php // Assuming the above tags are at www.example.com $tags = get_meta_tags('http://www.example.com/'); // Notice how the keys are all lowercase now, and // how . was replaced by _ in the key. echo $tags['author']; // name echo $tags['keywords']; // php documentation echo $tags['description']; // a php manual echo $tags['geo_position']; // 49.33;-86.59 ?> NOTES
Note Only meta tags with name attributes will be parsed. Quotes are not required. SEE ALSO
htmlentities(3), urlencode(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_META_TAGS(3)