Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting transfering file from unix to window Post 302176714 by nua7 on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 02:45:28 AM
Old 03-19-2008
you need to start samba on unix...

Google on samba commands

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering a window to another screen

Dear Experts I am using a workstatin with two screens and its OS is solaris 8. I wish to trnsfer some application windows from one screen to another one without need to closing the window and open it from other screen. Please advise Bests Reza (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfering files unix to pc

Hi, I'm an intern at a business that just acquired a company that ran off the unix system. They have files on this workstation that they would like to move to a windows XP pro system, but no one (myself included) has enough unix knowledge to know how to do this. It's my understanding that this can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can I copy a file from unix to window machine?

how can I copy a file from unix to window machine (and vice versa), if ftp is not available? please tell me what else is convenient? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to transfer a file from unix to window machine

I want to ftp some of the unix files to my local PC through unix shell script. I want that script should be run from unix. when i tried by using scp, came to know that connection refused (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Transfering file from unix server to a windows pc

Is there a way to transfer files from unix server to windows directory,other than ftp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preet
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)                                                System Administration tools                                               TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 TDBBACKUP(8)