Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: i686, x86 64, ppc
Operating Systems Linux i686, x86 64, ppc Post 302176658 by ChinaID on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 08:19:40 PM
Old 03-18-2008
回复

通用架构的电脑如,个人电脑使用的是如奔腾或者如赛扬的CPU(X86),这当中包含有64bit的,所以也有一部分叫(x86_64)一些服务器使用安腾的CPU(IA64),还有一些使用PowerPC之类的 CPU叫(PPC),还有一些SUN的机器使用一种特别的CPU(SPARC)。

英文不好,希望你能看得懂。

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Memory Barriers for (Ubuntu) Linux (i686)

Hi all, (Hope this is the right forum for this question) I have some multi-threaded C code (compiled with GCC 4.4.3) which accesses shared variables. Although I've marked those variables with volatile to guard against compiler re-ordering, I'm concerned that processor out-of-order execution... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorga
19 Replies

2. Red Hat

Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

3. Linux

Installing centOS in i686

I am not able to find any references related to installing centOS in i686 machine ? Is it supported or not ? This does not list it at all, so a little bit confused CentOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia No luck with google also ! Appreciate if somebody can help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thegeek
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 16 (i686) DVD boot issue in x86 (32bit)

Hi, I'm using fedora for 5 years. recently i decided to install new version (16). after i reboot the computer and want to boot from dvd nothing happen's and system boot's from hard disk (i have setup the bios to directly boot from dvd-rom and my dvd-rom is ok). i have downloaded (again) fc16 dvd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ba$h
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to get Latest PHP for Centos 5-i686

im using Centos 5 i686 , When ever im install Php using yum install php its downloading php-mysql 5.1.6-32.el5 or php 5.1.6-32.el5 , i want to download and install php 5.4.0 by yum install php command how its possible ? How to add latest repository to get latest php pls help , Even i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error in http Im Using Centos 5.5 i686

Im Using Centos 5.5 i686 , its installed in Vmware Player , And while trying to open http://192.168.200.129/webmin-1.600/ in google chrome or any other browser in Base System Windows Xp its Shows as Index of /webmin-1.600 and folders were listed and shown in browser , some webmin or CRM software... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Issue installing pam-1.1.1-10.el6.i686 using yum

When trying to install pam-1.1.1-10.el6.i686 package using yum, we are getting the following error message. We also noticed that there is an existing pam-1.1.1-10.el6.x86_64 is already installed (checked through "rpm -qa | grep pam-1.1.1-10.el6"). Is there a way to resolve/work around this issue. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talk1234
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Dependency Error for OpenSSL i686 installation in Redhat 7.4 x64

Hi, I am unable to install openssl package due to some of the dependencies: # rpm -i openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7_2.3.i686.rpm warning: openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7_2.3.i686.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fd431d51: NOKEY error: Failed dependencies: libcom_err.so.2 is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsimpossible86
0 Replies
SETARCH(8)						       System Administration							SETARCH(8)

NAME
setarch - change reported architecture in new program environment and set personality flags SYNOPSIS
setarch arch [options] [program [arguments]] arch [options] [program [arguments]] DESCRIPTION
setarch This utility currently only affects the output of uname -m. For example, on an AMD64 system, running 'setarch i386 program' will cause 'program' to see i686 (or other relevant arch) instead of x86_64 as machine type. It also allows to set various personality options. The default program is /bin/sh. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be verbose. -h, --help Display help (it is also displayed when setarch takes no arguments). --uname-2.6 Causes the program to see a kernel version number beginning with 2.6. -3, --3gb Specifies that processes should use a maximum of 3GB of address space on systems where it is supported (ADDR_LIMIT_3GB). -B, --32bit Turns on ADDR_LIMIT_32BIT. -F, --fdpic-funcptrs Userspace function pointers point to descriptors (turns on FDPIC_FUNCPTRS). -I, --short-inode Turns on SHORT_INODE. -L, --addr-compat-layout Changes the way virtual memory is allocated (turns on the ADDR_COMPAT_LAYOUT). -R, --addr-no-randomize Disables randomization of the virtual address space (turns on ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE). -S, --whole-seconds Turns on WHOLE_SECONDS. -T, --sticky-timeouts Turns on STICKY_TIMEOUTS. -X --read-implies-exec Turns on READ_IMPLIES_EXEC. -Z, mmap-page-zero Turns on MMAP_PAGE_ZERO. EXAMPLES
setarch ppc32 rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild foo.src.rpm setarch ppc32 -v -vL3 rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild bar.src.rpm setarch ppc32 --32bit rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild foo.src.rpm AUTHOR
Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> Jindrich Novy <jnovy@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The setarch command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2007 SETARCH(8)