Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ld_library_path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ld_library_path Post 302176569 by ccp on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 03:05:50 PM
Old 03-18-2008
Ld_library_path

Hi, can anyone explain this terrm? should we setup it ?
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cc, setuid, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hi, This question deals with Solaris 2.8 and setuid programs. From research I've done so far, setuid programs ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH; I've proven this and am OK with it. The thing I am not certain of how the C compiler is supposed to behave when it is invoked via a setuid program. Basically,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfBoy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Hello I have just tried to install ns-allineone-2.31 on cygwin cygwin is using the bash shell it asks for somethings to be put into the LD_LIBRAY_PATH, here is a snippet of what it says. (1) You MUST put /home/Chris/ns-allinone-2.31/otcl-1.13, /home/Chris/ns-allinone-2.31/lib, into your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bysonary
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Difference between LIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I would like to know the differences between LIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Linux and SunOS. I am getting an error while loading shared libraries on Linux (Omni works build environment) as shown below: 1:tradewind/dataaccess/*.pcc... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH

hi Im using HP-UX 11i,PARISC .... Where do i find SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH , i couldnt find in env, listing...... Moreover im trying to execute file its throwing me error usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libgcc_s.sl /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ld_library_path & path

I have googled around to find the difference between LD_LIBRARY_PATH & PATH. But the answers are creating more confusion. What is exact difference between these two paths? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

6. Solaris

setenv: cannot add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hi all! I need to add new environment variable. e.g. # setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/ucblib:" # I check:# env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ucblib: After rebooting I don't see this variable. Why don't save this variable? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Inside my csh script, I have the following command: source ${HOME}/.login When I execute my csh script, why do I get the following error message: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/export: Permission denied This is what I have inside my .login #!/bin/bash export... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: casau
9 Replies

8. AIX

Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to 1 or empty

I have a question on setting environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The case is that, i cannot execute wget on my AIX machine. It return the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program wget because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ld_library_path

Hi., Currently my LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting is, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/app/product/11.2.0/client_1/lib Now, I need to append the JAVA to this setting... Can I set this way, Please suggest. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthakki
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I am on Solaris . I have written a script callled T_1.sh #!/bin/sh ######################################################################################################## # # Source borne shell env.This is required for crontab to work as bip.sh uses environmental variables.... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
24 Replies
diction(1)						      General Commands Manual							diction(1)

NAME
diction, explain, suggest - Prints wordy sentences and looks them up in an interactive thesaurus. SYNOPSIS
diction [-fpattern_file] [-k] [-ma] [-me] [-ml] [-ms] [-n] [file...] explain suggest The diction command finds all sentences in an English language document that contain phrases from a database of bad or wordy diction. The explain command is an interactive thesaurus for the English language phrases found by the diction command and only for those phrases. The diction command reads from standard in if no file operand is provided. The suggest command is a synonym for explain. OPTIONS
Names a user-created pattern file to be used in addition to the default file. Passes the -k option to the deroff command. The -k option keeps blocks of text specified nroff by requests or macros; for example, the request. Passes the -ma option to deroff. The -ma option interprets nroff man macros only. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Causes deroff to skip lists; should be used if a docu- ment contains many lists of nonsentences. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Suppresses use of the default file (used with -f). Only the user-created pattern file is used. DESCRIPTION
Each phrase found by the diction command is enclosed in [ ] (brackets). Because diction runs deroff before looking at the text, include formatting header files as part of the input. Before using the explain command, use the diction command to obtain a list of poorly worded phrases. When you use the explain command, the system prompts you for a phrase and responds with a grammatically acceptable alternative. You can continue typing phrases, or you can exit by pressing the End-of-File key sequence. The explain command can also take input redirected from a file. No other command line arguments are valid. NOTES
Use of nonstandard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks. In particular, diction does not understand -me. FILES
Default pattern file. Thesaurus used by the explain command. SEE ALSO
Commands: deroff(1), nroff(1) diction(1)