Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script portability
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script portability Post 302176472 by vbe on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 10:35:23 AM
Old 03-18-2008
You can always try...
Are you talking about srcipt on win servers using (such as MKS toolkit..) ksh?
or pure DOC .bat?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

A C program required for portability

I have to solve a problem for my wife who is engaged in Research in Breast Cancer. 1. She has frequently to search a long single line of alphabetic characters (lower case) for an exact match of a string. e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsinghe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

portability issue linux(2.6) solaris10

the following simple scripts work fine on linux but fail on solaris: #!/bin/bash eval /usr/bin/time -f \'bt=\"%U + %S\"\' ./JUNK >> ./LOG 2>&1 cp ./LOG ./LOG_joe LC_joe=`cat ./LOG | wc -l` LC_joe=`echo $LC_joe-1|bc` tail -1 ./LOG > ./tmp head -$LC_joe ./LOG_joe > ./LOG rm ./LOG_joe ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joepareti
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Portability

Hi, I am writing a BASH shell script for a client. I am using BASH on a Macintosh Powerbook G4 running Leopard. My client will be using BASH on a PC running Ubuntu. My questions all revolve around making my script portable so that it will run on his machine. - Do I need to get any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

portability of int arrays from 32 to 64 bit systems

Dear All, I'm porting my scientific program from 32 to 64 bit system (use gcc, CentOS) and feel myself absolutely confused after reading general internet advices for that. Could you help me, please. The question is: can I use "old style" on 64 bit: -------- int * myIntArray; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: German1234
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
DOC(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    DOC(4)

NAME
DOC - (Pilot standard text document) file format SYNOPSIS
struct doc_record0 { /* 16 bytes total */ Word version; /* 1 = plain text, 2 = compressed text */ Word reserved1; DWord doc_size; /* uncompressed size in bytes */ Word num_recs; /* not counting itself */ Word rec_size; /* in bytes: usually 4096 (4K) */ DWord reserved2; }; DESCRIPTION
The Doc file format is the standard text document format used by all models of the Palm Pilot. A Doc file is a pdb(4) file: this manual page describes only those aspects specific to Doc files. A Doc file consists of 0 to num_recs records; record 0 is the header for the document. (This header is distinct from the pdb(4) header.) The remaining records contain text, either plain or compressed depending upon version. Word Sizes In the synopsis above, the types ``Word'' and ``DWord'' are used just as in the Pilot headers. The type ``Word'' is 16 bits; the type ``DWord'' is 32 bits. Both are in big-endian format. Compression Format A character ``c'' in a compressed record is in one of four classes: 01-08 Copy ``c'' bytes 00,09-7F Self 80-BF Sequence C0-FF A space plus the ASCII character ``c ^ 0x80'' SEE ALSO
txt2pdbdoc(1), html2pdbtxt(1), pdbtxt2html(1), pdb(4) Christopher Bey and Kathleen Dupre. Palm File Format Specification, Document Number 3008-003, Palm, Inc., May 16, 2000. AUTHOR
Paul J. Lucas <pauljlucas@mac.com> txt2pdbdoc January 21, 2005 DOC(4)