Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using ufsdump and ufsrestore
Operating Systems Solaris Using ufsdump and ufsrestore Post 302176447 by charleywasharo on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 09:33:52 AM
Old 03-18-2008
Error

I used the ufsrestore command to restore all my files from the tape media but I am having trouble booting my server. I get the following error messages:-

checking ufs filesystems
/dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: I/O error
Can't Open /dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: I/O error
/dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: CAN'T CHECK FILESYSTEM
/dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY

WARNING-Unable to repair one or more filesystems
Run fsck manuallly (fsck filesystem...)
Exit the shell when done to continue the boot process

Type control-d to proceed with normal startup,
(or give root password for system maintenance): DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server available
DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server available

how can I repair my solaris system in this case?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UFSDUMP & UFSRESTORE problems

Hi, guys ! I need some expert help on following problem: When trying to restore content of a machine using another backup machine using Ufsdump/Ufsrestore, it worked on /local1, but when attemting to do the same on /local2,/local3 and /local4, I get permission problems. Running superuser does... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
9 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore

on sparc solaris 2.8 hosts, HOSTB, after changing to /dir1 need to: connect to tape drive on HostA. change directory to /dir0/dir1 on tape and restore everything under that path to /dir1 directory. could i get help?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S26+
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore?

I'm trying to restore a server from a backup tape. I've partitioned my drive, and I've run into a problem; After extracting everything from the tape, It seems as if only the directory structure is intact. Here are my steps: 1. booted from cdrom to single user mode boot cdrom -s 2. used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ufsdump/ufsrestore problem

I ran ufsdump as follows............... # ufsdump 9ucf /dev/rmt/0n /dev/dsk/c1t9d0s3 DUMP: Writing 63 Kilobyte records DUMP: Date of this level 9 dump: Tue 23 Oct 2007 02:19:40 PM PDT DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch DUMP: Dumping /dev/rdsk/c1t9d0s3 (gambler:/apps) to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
2 Replies

5. Solaris

ufsrestore

Hi , I accidentally deleted crontab entries and I need to restore back urgently ! we use a ufsdump with 0cfu option. I like to know how to restrore / retrieve to different location for crontab file only from the backup. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building New server using Ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building New server using ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to pipe ufsdump to ufsrestore?

Dear all, i want to copy the partition contents from a smaller disk to a larger disk but without modifying the target disk partition size. To this end, i tried to use piping ufsdump to ufsrestore as 'ufsdump 0f - /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 l ufsrestore -i - /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0' but it was not successful. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to pipe ufsdump to ufsrestore?

Dear all, i want to copy the partition contents from a smaller disk to a larger disk but without modifying the target disk partition size. To this end, i tried to use piping ufsdump to ufsrestore as 'ufsdump 0f - /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 l ufsrestore -i - /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0' but it was not successful. Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup

hi, was wondering if there is a problem with the patches, and if we wish to restore everything back to square one, how should we go about using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup data ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exposure
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)                                       systemd-fsck@.service                                      SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)