Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Getting back reference from s modifier Post 302176442 by cooldude on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 09:23:45 AM
Old 03-18-2008
Thanks, but that does not work. By the way, I'm not using \6, but rather \n6.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

back reference error

Hi, i am getting this error........ find ./ | sed '/\(*\) \(*\)/\2\1/' Unrecognized command: /\(*\) \(*\)/\2\1/ Any idea??? regards Apoorva Kumar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apoorvasharma80
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reference

Hi all, I have a reference named $test. it points to the data structure as follows 'test' => }, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Problem - Invalid Back Reference

Here is the question... Create a new script, sub2, taking three parameters... 1.) the string to be replaced 2.) the string with which to replace it 3.) the name of the file in which to make the substitution ...that treats the string to be replaced as plain text instead of as a regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnhisenburg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid back reference

The thread can be closed now :D. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaz0r
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reference of hash (Perl)

Hi Perl users, Could somebody help me to find the solution of my problem below. Here is my data: __DATA__ =================================================== NameOfipaddress ippair_1 propertiesx y propertiesy x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: askari
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed back reference error

I am trying to change a single line of a special file whose comment character is ! to show a path to the file in the comment. such as: !!HFSS and mcm path: \Signal_Integrity\Package_SI\Section_Models\C4toTrace\28nm\D6HS\SLC_5-2-5\GZ41_ICZ\NSSS\ to a different path and replace the !!HFSS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobrien601
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract text in sed using back reference

i have a text 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 i want to get 22 using sed back reference. I have used sed 's/{6}\(..\).*/\1/' but, it does not work. I am missing something somewhere. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - use back reference in 2nd command

I have data that looks like this: <Country code="US"><tag>adsf</tag><tag>bdfs</tag></Country><Country code="CA"><tag>asdf</tag><tag>bsdf</tag></Country> I want to grab the country code save it, then drop each new "<..." onto a new line with the country code added to the beginning of each So,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferAmon
9 Replies
PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)											     PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_get_selectable_fd - get a file descriptor on which a select() can be done for a live capture SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_get_selectable_fd(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_get_selectable_fd() returns, on UNIX, a file descriptor number for a file descriptor on which one can do a select() or poll() to wait for it to be possible to read packets without blocking, if such a descriptor exists, or -1, if no such descriptor exists. Some network devices opened with pcap_create() and pcap_activate(), or with pcap_open_live(), do not support select() or poll() (for example, regular network devices on FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4, and Endace DAG devices), so -1 is returned for those devices. Note that in: FreeBSD prior to FreeBSD 4.6; NetBSD prior to NetBSD 3.0; OpenBSD prior to OpenBSD 2.4; Mac OS X prior to Mac OS X 10.7; select() and poll() do not work correctly on BPF devices; pcap_get_selectable_fd() will return a file descriptor on most of those versions (the exceptions being FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4), but a simple select() or poll() will not indicate that the descriptor is readable until a full buffer's worth of packets is received, even if the read timeout expires before then. To work around this, an application that uses select() or poll() to wait for packets to arrive must put the pcap_t in non-blocking mode, and must arrange that the select() or poll() have a timeout less than or equal to the read timeout, and must try to read packets after that timeout expires, regardless of whether select() or poll() indicated that the file descriptor for the pcap_t is ready to be read or not. (That workaround will not work in FreeBSD 4.3 and later; however, in FreeBSD 4.6 and later, select() and poll() work correctly on BPF devices, so the workaround isn't necessary, although it does no harm.) Note also that poll() doesn't work on character special files, including BPF devices, in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, so, while select() can be used on the descriptor returned by pcap_get_selectable_fd(), poll() cannot be used on it those versions of Mac OS X. Kqueues also don't work on that descriptor. poll(), but not kqueues, work on that descriptor in Mac OS X releases prior to 10.4; poll() and kqueues work on that descriptor in Mac OS X 10.6 and later. pcap_get_selectable_fd() is not available on Windows. RETURN VALUE
A selectable file descriptor is returned if one exists; otherwise, -1 is returned. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), select(2), poll(2) 5 April 2008 PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)