Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML in unix
Operating Systems Linux XML in unix Post 302176353 by infyanurag on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 06:43:49 AM
Old 03-18-2008
XML in unix

while validating the XML against its XSD i am getting this error.

fails to validate in facet enumeration

kindly help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML to flat file in Unix

Hello, How can I take a file in XML format and convert it to a comma separated format? Is there any scripts or programs that can do this for Unix? I tried surfing the net for such an application, but everything seems to be for Windows OS. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarr
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML parsers for UNIX

Hi, I'm looking for XML parsers for UNIX! Thanks in advance Tim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timvant
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML and Unix

i wanted to add a child element child2 into a below xml . <parent1> <child1></child1> </parent1> like <parent1> <child1></child1> <child2></child2> </parent1> What is the best way to do this using unix commands. I donot want to create a temp file.... cat original |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML Translator to run in UNIX

Hello, newbie (non-techie) here. I'm a business analyst for a software company in the Bay Area. A project I just got assigned to involved researching for an enterprise version of a XML translator that will run on UNIX. I'm looking for something that won't be too costly to purchase as the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antsy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converter XML to PDF in Unix

Does anyone know of a lightweight freeware utility that will do the following?: 1) Input an XML file and XLS file 2) Do a transform 3) Then output a pdf file for Unix Platform. Thanks Andrea (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrea.giovanno
3 Replies

6. Programming

xml and c programming for unix

Does anyone can tell me what is the best way to post a xml request to a web service on C. I am using expat for parsing the response, but until now i build my xml request with a bunch of strcat functions, then connect to the port and send it that way. I am wondering if there are libraries or a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loquito
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML and UNix ???

Hello Everyone!!! I have a list of XML files, in different directories, the structure for which is: <Data> <Info> <a> some text </a> <b> some text </b> <c> 3000 </c> </Info> <Info> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing an unix variable to an XML

I need help I have a unix command : VERSION=$(ls -d /vsn/v12.??.??.?? | sort | tail -1) when i do echo $VERSION, i get the exact value, i want. Now i want to use this variable and pass it to an xml. How can i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML parsing by UNIX

Hi, I am new in shell scripting. i want to extract tag values in xml files by using shell script. my files like this: <cw: properties> <cw:std_properties> <tns: properties> <tns:name>AdminOutQueue</tns:name> <tns:type>String</tns:type> <tns:subtype>QueueName</tns:subtype> <tns:value... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating xml file from UNIX

i have a unix script which generates the csv file. the data in csv file is dynamic. how can i convert/move the data from csv file to xml. please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana25
1 Replies
xmerl_xsd(3erl) 					     Erlang Module Definition						   xmerl_xsd(3erl)

NAME
xmerl_xsd - Interface module for XML Schema vlidation. DESCRIPTION
Interface module for XML Schema vlidation. It handles the W3.org specifications of XML Schema second edition 28 october 2004. For an intro- duction to XML Schema study part 0. An XML structure is validated by xmerl_xsd:validate/[2,3]. DATA TYPES
global_state() : The global state of the validator. It is representated by the #xsd_state{} record. option_list() : Options allow to customize the behaviour of the validation. Possible options are : {tab2file,boolean()} : Enables saving of abstract structure on file for debugging purpose. {xsdbase,filename()} : XSD Base directory. {fetch_fun,FetchFun} : Call back function to fetch an external resource. {fetch_path,PathList} : PathList is a list of directories to search when fetching files. If the file in question is not in the fetch_path, the URI will be used as a file name. {state,State} : It is possible by this option to provide a state with process information from an earlier validation. EXPORTS
file2state(FileName) -> {ok, State} | {error, Reason} Types State = global_state() FileName = filename() Reads the schema state with all information of the processed schema from a file created with state2file/[1,2] . The format of this file is internal. The state can then be used validating an XML document. format_error(L::Errors) -> Result Types Errors = error_tuple() | [error_tuple()] Result = string() | [string()] Formats error descriptions to human readable strings. process_schema(Schema) -> Result Equivalent to process_schema(Schema, []) . process_schema(Schema, Options) -> term() process_schemas(Schemas) -> Result Equivalent to process_schema(Schemas, []) . process_schemas(Schemas, Options) -> term() process_validate(Schema, Xml::Element) -> Result Equivalent to process_validate(Schema, Xml, []) . process_validate(Schema, Xml, Opts) -> term() state2file(S::State) -> ok | {error, Reason} Same as state2file(State,SchemaName) The name of the saved file is the same as the name of the schema, but with .xss extension. state2file(S::State, FileName) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types State = global_state() FileName = filename() Saves the schema state with all information of the processed schema in a file. You can provide the file name for the saved state. FileName is saved with the .xss extension added. validate(Xml::Element, State) -> Result Equivalent to validate(Element, State, []) . validate(Xml::Element, State, Opts::Options) -> Result Types Element = XmlElement Options = option_list() Result = {ValidElement, global_state()} | {error, Reasons} ValidElement = XmlElement State = global_state() Reasons = [ErrorReason] | ErrorReason Validates a parsed well-formed XML element (Element). A call to validate/2 or validate/3 must provide a well formed parsed XML element #xmlElement{} and a State, global_state() , which holds necessary information from an already processed schema. Thus validate enables reuse of the schema information and therefore if one shall validate several times towards the same schema it reduces time consumption. The result, ValidElement, is the valid element that conforms to the post-schema-validation infoset. When the validator finds an error it tries to continue and reports a list of all errors found. In those cases an unexpected error is found it may cause a single error reason. Usage example: 1>{E,_} = xmerl_scan:file("my_XML_document.xml"). 2>{ok,S} = xmerl_xsd:process_schema("my_XML_Schema.xsd"). 3>{E2,_} = xmerl_xsd:validate(E,S). Observe that E2 may differ from E if for instance there are default values defined in my_XML_Schema.xsd . AUTHORS
<> xmerl 1.2.8 xmerl_xsd(3erl)