Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permanent changes to PATH
Operating Systems Solaris Permanent changes to PATH Post 302176342 by Stin on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 06:03:37 AM
Old 03-18-2008
Thanks guys! All sorted now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Permanent ip routing

I am trying to add a permanent route on my server, but whenever i reboot it dissapears. Please does anyone know the correct command to use. route add XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX DDD.DDD.DDD.DDD the above is what i have done. ednut:) using IRIX SGI software. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ednut
2 Replies

2. AIX

Permanent Default Route

Hi, We are running AIX 5.2. Our default gateway used to be IP Address A. Our new default gateway is IP Address B. A netstat revealed that our default route was IP address A. We manually added default route with IP address B and removed the default route with IP address A. However,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DenD
3 Replies

3. Solaris

permanent route

How do I make a route permanent, other than default route on a Solaris server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jontom
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permanent Alias

On AIX 5.2 as root, installed Seamonkey and have to type #/seakey/seamonkey/seamonkey to get it to run, which it does okay. To set up a permanent alias, I did the following (1) In a text editor alias seamk='/seakey/seamonkey/seamonkey' and saved it to /home/alias_file (2) In a text editor... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: farl
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making an alias permanent

Hi mates, I want to make an alias permanent for a KShell, does someone knows how to do that? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 -- unable to set permanent PATH

Hi, I've read forums far and wide trying to learn how to append to my PATH in Solaris 9 and every time I think I am close I discover my system is not configured the same. Its so frustrating because this all stems from a new server I am trying to setup identical to the production machine. (Of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoraddict
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

set permanent ulimit

Hi all I have a request from user to change the file descriptors limit to 8192. The current setting are: root@xxxxx:(wmdev)> ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 1048576 stack(kbytes) 131072 memory(kbytes) unlimited... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm non-permanent delete

I read this article as a way to do a non-permanent of something. I saw 2 problems. The first that my rm is located at /bin/rm. I would assume I would change the location to /bin/rm. The second my rm is a executable file and not a text file. So will replacing my rm file with the shellscript... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

9. Solaris

how to make IP address permanent.

Greetings, I am using solaris10 x86 OS. I configured IP address using the command. >ifconfig e1000g0 plumb >ifconfig e1000g0 200.200.0.1 up How to make this configured IP as permanent.. to solaris os. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
look(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   look(1)

NAME
look - Finds lines in a sorted list SYNOPSIS
look [-df] [-tcharacter] string [file] The look command prints all lines in a sorted file that begin with string. OPTIONS
Uses dictionary order; only letters, digits, tabs, and spaces are used in comparisons. Searches without regard to case; treats uppercase and lowercase as equivalent. Ignores character and characters following it in the search string. If you specify look -tC ABCDE, the string ABCDE would become (in effect) AB, with CDE being ignored. This option is primarily for shell scripts, in which more than one string is being processed. DESCRIPTION
If no file is specified, look searches in the system word list /usr/share/dict/words, with the options -df assumed by default. The look command uses binary search. The -d and -f options affect comparisons as in sort. NOTES
In order to use the -f option, you must first sort file with the sort -f command; otherwise, look displays only lowercase items. If you do not specify -f, but specify a file (such as /usr/share/dict/words) that has been sorted with sort -f, look may not produce any output. EXAMPLES
To search a sorted file called sortfile for all lines that begin with the string as, enter: look as sortfile To search the system word list for all words beginning with smi, enter: look smi This might result in: smile smirk smith smithereens Smithfield Smithson smithy smitten FILES
System word list. SEE ALSO
Commands: grep(1), sort(1), spell(1) look(1)