Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to setup rshfor HPUX
Operating Systems HP-UX how to setup rshfor HPUX Post 302176278 by Adams Nave on Monday 17th of March 2008 11:09:53 PM
Old 03-18-2008
After configuring these two files, it wont prompt you for the password.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 et HPUX 11

Is there any problems of binaries compatibility between HPUX 10.20 et 11 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX Security help

Hi everyone! I need your help. When i run ipcs -m -a for display shared memory status i see an entry with key 0xdeadbeef: IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Tue Feb 3 15:55:14 2004 T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP CREATOR CGROUP NATTCH SEGSZ CPID LPID ATIME ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX any help

:( i got couple of weeks ago a : HP Visualize workstation , model B100. everithing is ok in the box the only problem is that i 'am not familiar with this operational sys, and i try to uninstall and see if i can get on it windows net server 64 bit. or any other 64 bit operational sys that i'll... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbird
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to HPUX

Hi, I am a SAP Basis admin recentely been asked to administer a HPUX server. Could someone recommend some good study material to learn with the Sap prespective. -carry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carryclare
1 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

remsh + HPUX

Hi, I am trying to remsh from a HPUX to another unix server What is happening is I cant run commands on the other server ie I can remsh <remoteserver> -l <remotelogin> but I cant remsh <remoteserver> -l <remotelogin> -n pwd getting error message rshd: 0826-826 The host name for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

hpux vi

Hello. I cant figure out how can i move entire row up , so it pasted on the one above at the end , or to do that for one character. In notepads,word, or some other text editors we would do that with backspace button. Example. Content of my text file is this : I am trying to do that. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hpux

Hello All Why is hpux is not much spoken in the unix/Linux platform. what is the disadvantes in HPUX Thanks, VJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijaykannan T
1 Replies
FIRMWAREPASSWD(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 FIRMWAREPASSWD(8)

NAME
firmwarepasswd -- tool for setting and removing firmware passwords on a system SYNOPSIS
firmwarepasswd [-setpasswd] [-setmode mode] [-mode] [-check] [-delete] [-verify] [-unlockseed] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The firmwarepasswd command is used to add or remove firmware passwords from a system as well as check status and other options. The firmwarepasswd command requires root privileges to run. A list of flags and their descriptions: -setpasswd Prompts to add a new firmware password or change and existing password if one exists. -setmode mode Set the mode to "command" or "full". "Command" will prompt for the firmware password if the user attempts to boot from a different volume. "Full" will prompt on every startup (not recommended). -mode Displays the current mode if one is set. -check Displays whether or not a firmware password is set. -delete Prompts for password and clears both password and the mode if correct. -verify Prompts for password and displays success if correct. -unlockseed Generates a firmware password recovery key. Note: Machine must be stable for this command to generate a valid seed. No pending changes that need a restart. NOTE: Seed is only valid until the next time a firmware password command runs. -h Displays a list of all the commands available in the firmwarepasswd tool, with explanatory information. FILES
/usr/sbin/firmwarepasswd OS X
April 9, 2014 OS X