Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to setup rshfor HPUX
Operating Systems HP-UX how to setup rshfor HPUX Post 302176278 by Adams Nave on Monday 17th of March 2008 11:09:53 PM
Old 03-18-2008
After configuring these two files, it wont prompt you for the password.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 et HPUX 11

Is there any problems of binaries compatibility between HPUX 10.20 et 11 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX Security help

Hi everyone! I need your help. When i run ipcs -m -a for display shared memory status i see an entry with key 0xdeadbeef: IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Tue Feb 3 15:55:14 2004 T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP CREATOR CGROUP NATTCH SEGSZ CPID LPID ATIME ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX any help

:( i got couple of weeks ago a : HP Visualize workstation , model B100. everithing is ok in the box the only problem is that i 'am not familiar with this operational sys, and i try to uninstall and see if i can get on it windows net server 64 bit. or any other 64 bit operational sys that i'll... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbird
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to HPUX

Hi, I am a SAP Basis admin recentely been asked to administer a HPUX server. Could someone recommend some good study material to learn with the Sap prespective. -carry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carryclare
1 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

remsh + HPUX

Hi, I am trying to remsh from a HPUX to another unix server What is happening is I cant run commands on the other server ie I can remsh <remoteserver> -l <remotelogin> but I cant remsh <remoteserver> -l <remotelogin> -n pwd getting error message rshd: 0826-826 The host name for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

hpux vi

Hello. I cant figure out how can i move entire row up , so it pasted on the one above at the end , or to do that for one character. In notepads,word, or some other text editors we would do that with backspace button. Example. Content of my text file is this : I am trying to do that. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hpux

Hello All Why is hpux is not much spoken in the unix/Linux platform. what is the disadvantes in HPUX Thanks, VJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijaykannan T
1 Replies
GETPASS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							GETPASS(3)

NAME
getpass - get a password SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getpass( const char * prompt ); DESCRIPTION
This function is obsolete. Do not use it. The getpass() function opens /dev/tty (the controlling terminal of the process), outputs the string prompt, turns off echoing, reads one line (the "password"), restores the terminal state and closes /dev/tty again. RETURN VALUE
The function getpass returns a pointer to a static buffer containing the (first PASS_MAX bytes of) the password without the trailing new- line, terminated by a NUL. This buffer may be overwritten by a following call. On error, the terminal state is restored, errno is set appropriately, and NULL is returned. ERRORS
The function may fail if ENXIO The process does not have a controlling terminal. NOTES
For libc4 and libc5, the prompt is not written to /dev/tty but to stderr. Moreover, if /dev/tty cannot be opened, the password is read from stdin. The static buffer has length 128 so that only the first 127 bytes of the password are returned. While reading the password, signal generation (SIGINT, SIGQUIT, SIGSTOP, SIGTSTOP) is disabled and the corresponding characters (usually control-C, control-, control- Z and control-Y) are transmitted as part of the password. Since libc 5.4.19 also line editing is disabled, so that also backspace and the like will be seen as part of the password. For glibc2, if /dev/tty cannot be opened, the prompt is written to stderr and the password is read from stdin. There is no limit on the length of the password. Line editing is not disabled. According to the SUSv2, the value of PASS_MAX must be defined in <limits.h> in case it is smaller than 8, and can in any case be obtained using sysconf(_SC_PASS_MAX). However, POSIX.2 withdraws the constants PASS_MAX and _SC_PASS_MAX, and the function getpass (). Libc4 and libc5 have never supported PASS_MAX or _SC_PASS_MAX. Glibc2 accepts _SC_PASS_MAX and returns BUFSIZ (e.g., 8192). FILES
/dev/tty SEE ALSO
crypt(3) HISTORY
A getpass function appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
The calling process should zero the password as soon as possible to avoid leaving the cleartext password visible in the process's address space. Linux Manpage 2000-12-05 GETPASS(3)