Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl and Expert Systems
Top Forums Programming Perl and Expert Systems Post 302176208 by odys on Monday 17th of March 2008 06:27:57 PM
Old 03-17-2008
I dont know the details of your task but I would definitely
use an .txt format instead of XML for research stage.

If you are using Perl or another dynamic language, and if your rules need to be implemented as subroutines then you could consider separate files with these rules. Their filenames could be arguments for 'main' application from command line.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expert vi commands

:) Hi UNIX friends, Where do I get advanced vi commands to practice. Please Help Me. Love (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Becoming a Solaris expert?

Hello everyone, how do you really study to become an expert in solaris OS? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newby needs help from an OpenSSL expert

Dear friends, Thank you for reading this post. Please download files here: http://www.idanfe.com/dl/files.zip This is my problem: I have to sign a file like my teste1.txt One sample signed file is example.txt I am also including a private key I generated called... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
4 Replies
App::Prove::State(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    App::Prove::State(3pm)

NAME
App::Prove::State - State storage for the "prove" command. VERSION
Version 3.17 DESCRIPTION
The "prove" command supports a "--state" option that instructs it to store persistent state across runs. This module implements that state and the operations that may be performed on it. SYNOPSIS
# Re-run failed tests $ prove --state=fail,save -rbv METHODS
Class Methods "new" Accepts a hashref with the following key/value pairs: o "store" The filename of the data store holding the data that App::Prove::State reads. o "extension" (optional) The test name extension. Defaults to ".t". o "result_class" (optional) The name of the "result_class". Defaults to "App::Prove::State::Result". "result_class" Getter/setter for the name of the class used for tracking test results. This class should either subclass from "App::Prove::State::Result" or provide an identical interface. "extension" Get or set the extension files must have in order to be considered tests. Defaults to '.t'. "results" Get the results of the last test run. Returns a "result_class()" instance. "commit" Save the test results. Should be called after all tests have run. Instance Methods "apply_switch" $self->apply_switch('failed,save'); Apply a list of switch options to the state, updating the internal object state as a result. Nothing is returned. Diagnostics: - "Illegal state option: %s" "last" Run in the same order as last time "failed" Run only the failed tests from last time "passed" Run only the passed tests from last time "all" Run all tests in normal order "hot" Run the tests that most recently failed first "todo" Run the tests ordered by number of todos. "slow" Run the tests in slowest to fastest order. "fast" Run test tests in fastest to slowest order. "new" Run the tests in newest to oldest order. "old" Run the tests in oldest to newest order. "save" Save the state on exit. "get_tests" Given a list of args get the names of tests that should run "observe_test" Store the results of a test. "save" Write the state to a file. "load" Load the state from a file perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 App::Prove::State(3pm)