Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lisp
Top Forums Programming Lisp Post 302176196 by odys on Monday 17th of March 2008 05:38:26 PM
Old 03-17-2008
Hello,

I can agree with Jim.

I used Common Lisp and other dialects, did some projects.
If you need sockets, regexps and other 'modern' stuff you need to choose suitable implementation. I would like to be wrong but probably IMAP or audio/video will be missing.

The language is very cool. But I observed the most beautiful languages tend to have worse libraries. E.g. Perl and Python are on the 'good libraries' side, CL, Ruby are on 'cool languages' side.

Regards,
Miroslaw

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LISP newbie's questions

Hello, I want to learn LISP, and I have a GNU/Linux OS. I first sought a LISP compiler/interpreter and was told that GNU Emacs has a LISP mode. But I couldn't get into LISP mode, nor I don't know how to use it when I get into LISP mode. How can I run LISP code under GNU Emacs? And if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rayne
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs; lisp interpreter, editor and what the hell else?

I can't actually remember how I got to this point but I deducted that Emacs must be an interpreter because you have to run w3m in it which I think is written in Lisp. I did read the manual that ships with Emacs. Is that all there is to Emacs? A lisp interpreter that is also a editor? Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
1 Replies