Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lisp
Top Forums Programming Lisp Post 302176196 by odys on Monday 17th of March 2008 05:38:26 PM
Old 03-17-2008
Hello,

I can agree with Jim.

I used Common Lisp and other dialects, did some projects.
If you need sockets, regexps and other 'modern' stuff you need to choose suitable implementation. I would like to be wrong but probably IMAP or audio/video will be missing.

The language is very cool. But I observed the most beautiful languages tend to have worse libraries. E.g. Perl and Python are on the 'good libraries' side, CL, Ruby are on 'cool languages' side.

Regards,
Miroslaw

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LISP newbie's questions

Hello, I want to learn LISP, and I have a GNU/Linux OS. I first sought a LISP compiler/interpreter and was told that GNU Emacs has a LISP mode. But I couldn't get into LISP mode, nor I don't know how to use it when I get into LISP mode. How can I run LISP code under GNU Emacs? And if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rayne
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs; lisp interpreter, editor and what the hell else?

I can't actually remember how I got to this point but I deducted that Emacs must be an interpreter because you have to run w3m in it which I think is written in Lisp. I did read the manual that ships with Emacs. Is that all there is to Emacs? A lisp interpreter that is also a editor? Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
1 Replies
pgmtolispm(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                pgmtolispm(1)

NAME
pgmtolispm - convert a portable graymap into Lisp Machine format SYNOPSIS
pgmtolispm [pgmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable graymap as input. Produces a Lisp Machine bitmap as output. This is the file format read by the tv:read-bit-array-file function on TI Explorer and Symbolics lisp machines. Given a pgm (instead of a pbm) a multi-plane image will be output. This is probably not useful unless you have a color lisp machine. Multi-plane bitmaps on lisp machines are color; but the lispm image file format does not include a color map, so we must treat it as a graymap instead. This is unfortunate. SEE ALSO
lispmtopgm(1), pgm(5) BUGS
Output width is always rounded up to the nearest multiple of 32; this might not always be what you want, but it probably is (arrays which are not modulo 32 cannot be passed to the Lispm BITBLT function, and thus cannot easily be displayed on the screen). No color. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jamie Zawinski and Jef Poskanzer. 06 March 1990 pgmtolispm(1)