Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lisp
Top Forums Programming Lisp Post 302176194 by jim mcnamara on Monday 17th of March 2008 05:25:02 PM
Old 03-17-2008
IMO -

Except at universities where one CIS faculty member is in love with LISP, you will find very little production code written in that language. Unless you want to major in AI systems (there probably are better AI languages) consider learning something else.

If it is purely for fun - go for it.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LISP newbie's questions

Hello, I want to learn LISP, and I have a GNU/Linux OS. I first sought a LISP compiler/interpreter and was told that GNU Emacs has a LISP mode. But I couldn't get into LISP mode, nor I don't know how to use it when I get into LISP mode. How can I run LISP code under GNU Emacs? And if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rayne
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs; lisp interpreter, editor and what the hell else?

I can't actually remember how I got to this point but I deducted that Emacs must be an interpreter because you have to run w3m in it which I think is written in Lisp. I did read the manual that ships with Emacs. Is that all there is to Emacs? A lisp interpreter that is also a editor? Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
1 Replies
PCCARD(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 PCCARD(4)

NAME
pccard -- PC Card bus driver SYNOPSIS
device pccard DESCRIPTION
The pccard driver implements the PC Card bus. The pccard driver supports all PC Card bridges in the system. TUNABLES
The driver supports the following tunable parameters, which may be added to /boot/loader.conf or set via the sysctl(8) command: hw.pccard.debug Non-zero values cause more verbose information to be printed when a 16-bit PC Card is inserted or removed. hw.pccard.cis_debug Non-zero value causes the CIS parsing of the 16-bit PC Card to be much more verbose and include a complete CIS dump. FILES
/dev/pccard0.cis This exclusive-use device will report all the CIS chains present in a PC Card, if a 16-bit PC Card is inserted in the slot. Only one user at a time may access the CIS. The CIS is presented as the relevant byte stream from the PC Card. For CIS tuples in Attribute Memory (the default), only the even locations are presented (the ODD locations are undefined per the standard). For CIS tuples in Common Memory, every byte is presented to the user. Decoding of the CIS tuples is done via a userland program. All tuples are presented to the user. SEE ALSO
cardbus(4), pccbb(4) PC Card Standard, Release 8. BSD
July 9, 2002 BSD