Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp error 550 folder not found Post 302176173 by lnarayana on Monday 17th of March 2008 03:56:57 PM
Old 03-17-2008
ftp error 550 folder not found

Hi,

I am having an ftp script(runs in HP unix server) that connect to another server where we have different folders named as email addresses(eg."anarayana@yahoo.com").

Then it goes to each folder and put the file in that folder.

I found an error when remote folder is not created.

"550 anarayana@yahoo.com: folder not found"

I have handled this error using "550" in the log file.

But I got the failure of the script when I got the below line even though there is no error.

"550 bytes sent in 0.00 seconds (7246.38 Kbytes/s)"

Is there any better way to handle these errors?

What are the possible related errors that may occur when I execute the ftp script.

Thanks in advance.

L Narayana

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp Upload Folder

Hi! I'd like to upload a complete folder with subfolders with put. At the moment I always get the err-msg: aboutme: not a plain file Could anyone help me?? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberthawke
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I FTP to my Web Folder?

I don't consider myself a newbie, but I am working on my first Unix thats not OS X. And I have a feeling this is a newbie question I'm asking. I installed MkLinux (redhad based) on my PowerMac 6100 (66 superfast MHz). I got apache up and running, and I can log in and ftp and download and upload... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to FTP a folder..?? is it possible..??

Is it possible to ftp a folder..?? If yes How to do it..?? If no Is there any way to ftp all files in a folder..?? or how to transfer large amount of files from another system to my system in unix..?? Please help.. Thanks.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail error: 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS

I have sendmail setup to relay through my external ISP. Everything was working fine until I started getting the error message (below). I don't what I did to cause this? I have read a number of related posts and it appears that I might need to configure the sending address of my server to appear... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonmason
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to monitor folder and upload found files via FTP

Hi everyone! I'm in a need of a shell script that search for all files in a folder, move all those files to a temp folder, and upload those files via FTP. When the file transfer via FTP completes successfully, the file is moved to a completed folder. In case any of those files fails, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsorock
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Getting a Folder

I am a total noob assume i know nothing I have dabbed in it a little in the past but that was so long ago i have forgotten it all. Back story: (short version) Rented a web server from xenon servers. Need it to Grab some files from another server from xenon (minecraft server) (images of the map)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RustyDagger
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symlink all files from one folder into all found folders

Hi. I have a folder which contains my application. I then have a flexible number of folders in another directory, called “sites”. It looks like this: -Application -- Test.html -- CSS --- Style.css -Sites --Site1 --Site2 I want to symlink all the files in the application folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spadez
1 Replies

9. Solaris

SMTP Server 550 5.1.1 User unknown Error

Hello All, I am currently running a Solaris 10 machine as inbound SMTP server i.e. bringing Emails from outside into our company. In /var/spool/mqueue , I have mails that are pending for the past 4-5 days. They are not being delivered and are causing my mount point size to increase. Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

550 Access Error

Hi, we have a FTP server on vSphere on a windows 2008 server platform. One of our Unix machines now cannot send files to it, we checked permissions etc. Can login, when using put events.txt it gives a 550 Access Denied error. Nothing has changed from yesterday when it was working apart from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RonT
1 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)