Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "BOLD" printing a variable in PS1 command Post 302176149 by pdtak on Monday 17th of March 2008 01:40:46 PM
Old 03-17-2008
"BOLD" printing a variable in PS1 command

I would like to "BOLD" print the hostname in the following statement:

export PS1=$USER"@"$(hostname -s):'$PWD>'

Is there a special character I can put before and after the variable to make it bold or blinking?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Find command work with a variable passing "*" value?

Hi guy, I have a problem to pass a variable containing '*' value to FIND command. below is the script. It doesn't work by submit below command: rmf.sh name '*.txt' or rmf.sh name *.txt I've tried either optn="-name '$2'" or optn="-name $2"., and there is no luck. ### (script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxuser
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use a pipe operator in a variable: OPTION="| command"?

I have a string of commands I am piping some data through and I want to allow command line switches to select which commands are used. I want to do something like this: OPTION="| command3" command1 -a -b c.txt | command2 -d -e $OPTION >result.txt I want to do it that way because OPTION may be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom PS1 "anamoly"

Hello: Any bash PS1 gurus in the house? I have a custom 2-line prompt and it displays fine, but there is an occasional anomaly. The backspace key sometimes takes out the 2nd line. Here's the relevant ~/.bashrc code: MKF='This is my Kung-Fu' DOS='C:${PWD//\//\\\}>' PS1="\$MKF\n\\" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing output of "time" command to a variable

Hi all, I am new to Linux/shell scripting having moderate knowledge. In my script, I need to get execution time of a command (say 'ls') in mili seconds level. For this i tried using "time" command to retrieve the total execution time in milli seconds. But, the problem is that, how to save... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: happening_linux
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable interpolation in "print" of awk command

Hi, I have a snippet like below. Based on variable i, i wish to print 1,2,3,4,5th columns to Sample files. For each loop, one column from contetn and results will be pused to sample files. But i have a problem here i=1 while ; do `awk -F"\t" '{print $($i)}' $content > Sample_${i}_original`;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Command on File not printing "Blank" Lines?

Hello All, I have a bash script and in it at some point I call an Expect Script that does some stuff and saves its output in a ".txt" file. Example "/path/to/my/file/Expect_Output.txt" file: notice the 2nd line is empty in the file... Data for Host-1 (192.168.1.110) Checking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Netra X1 LOM: Unable to change any variable via the "set" command

I'm posting here as it didn't seem quite right in the hardware section (as it's LOM commands). My apologies if I have that wrong though :) I've finally gotten round to configuring the LOM on my Netra X1, but I can't get it to change the hostname via the "set" command: lom>show hostname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable into shell command "date -d": possible...?

Hello, there! I am trying to pass an awk variable into a shell command in order to collect the result into an awk variable; in Bash it does work, as in: v='2'; date -d "now + $v weeks" But in awk it does not, as in: v="2" "date -d 'now + v weeks'" | getline newdate close ("date -d 'now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbird3
3 Replies
cupsaccept(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsaccept(8)

NAME
cupsaccept/cupsreject - accept/reject jobs sent to a destination SYNOPSIS
cupsaccept [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] destination(s) cupsreject [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -r reason ] destination(s) DESCRIPTION
The cupsaccept command instructs the printing system to accept print jobs to the specified destinations. The cupsreject command instructs the printing system to reject print jobs to the specified destinations. The -r option sets the reason for rejecting print jobs. If not specified, the reason defaults to "Reason Unknown". OPTIONS
The following options are supported by both cupsaccept and cupsreject: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -U username Sets the username that is sent when connecting to the server. -h hostname[:port] Chooses an alternate server. -r "reason" Sets the reason string that is shown for a printer that is rejecting jobs. CONFORMING TO
The cupsaccept and cupsreject commands correspond to the System V printing system commands "accept" and "reject", respectively. Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", or "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. Finally, the CUPS versions may ask the user for an access password depending on the printing system configuration. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), cupsenable(8), lp(1), lpadmin(8), lpstat(1), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 10 June 2014 CUPS cupsaccept(8)