Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Inserting variables from 2 files to create 1 file Post 302176095 by Tytalus on Monday 17th of March 2008 10:33:59 AM
Old 03-17-2008
Code:
paste Num Grp | awk '{print "</start>\n<num>"$1"</num>\n<field></field>\n<grp>"$2"</grp>\n<Node>DKL</Node>\n</start>\n\n"}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to create files from a file

Hello to everyone, I am new to UNIX and I am having a problem. I have a file full of information, and need to create diferent files. I have to split the file whenever I find a sentence in the original one. This sentence is always the same (JOB ^....). As you can see I need to read a file, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jordimirobruix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files to create CSV file

Hi, I have different files of the same type, as: Time: 100 snr: 88 perf: 10 other: 222 Each of these files are created periodically. What I need to do is to merge all of them into one but having the following form: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravendark
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create different files from input file.

I have file A.txt File A 1,Hi,234 2,Hello,345 1,Kal,980, 9,KJ,098 2,de,098 .. ... I have more then 600 lines... I want separate the files as per 150 line. First 150 lines ----File A1.xtx Second 150 lines ---File A2.txt Third 150 lines----File A3.txt. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple files from one file?

Hi everyone! I usually get large files with different groups of entries; for example, each line starts with A, B, C, D, or E. Is there a way to separate all these entries and then write them in 5 different files with one awk program? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avro1986
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create files with two or more variables in its names?

Hi all, Iam writing a perl script to create many files with variables in their name. i am able to do it, if iam using only one variable. But with two variables the file names are NOT getting generated in the way i want. plz help me out. 1. open(SHW,">divw_unsigned_50_50_$k.reset") or die... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and create a result file with unmatched lines from first file.?

HI, I have 2 text files. file1 and file2. file1.txt (There are no duplicates in this file) 1234 3232 4343 3435 6564 6767 1213 file2.txt 1234,wq,wewe,qwqw 1234,as,dfdf,dfdf 4343,asas,sdds,dsds 6767,asas,fdfd,fdffd I need to search each number in file1.txt in file2.txt's 1st... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting script variables into database

I have a script working out ink percentages #!/bin/bash currentcyan=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1 = INTEGER: 990' currentmagenta=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.2 = INTEGER: 972' currentyellow=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.3 = INTEGER: 972' currentblack=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.4 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leshy93
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create file based on data from two other files

I have looked through several threads regarding merging files with awk and attempted using join however have been unsuccessful likely as I do not fully understand awk. What I am attempting is to take a csv file which could be between 1 and 15,000 lines with 5 colums and another csv file that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdubu2
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)