Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trouble Installing
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Trouble Installing Post 302175962 by creintzel on Monday 17th of March 2008 01:49:18 AM
Old 03-17-2008
There is a raid configuration program which controls the raid drives for this system. The program is available from IBM. It downloads and is configured on a cd from a separate system, and loads before any linuk/unix program.
I have an 8660, with similar problems, but have not invested the time and energy to get it functional.

Best I can offer. This ia a sharp system, and with scsi drives, should be a quick server.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Trouble Installing a SCSI Adapter

Okay. I admit I'm sort of a newbie in this regard. I installed a SCSI adapter on a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I did the standard STOP-A on the startup and got the OK prompt. I then tried probe-scsi-all. It dumps me back @ the OK prompt w/ no message whatsoever. I tried probe-scsi, nothing. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Trouble installing solaris 9 on 4500

I have a enterprise 4500 sun box. I installed 2 new 72 gb drives to replace the 2 x 9 gb drives that were in it. I have the solaris 9 install disk in it and when i do a boot cdrom it starts then says: panic - boot: ufsboot: cannot determine filesystem type of root device. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Trouble installing Fast CGI

I'm having trouble installing mod_fastcgi.so, that is I'm having trouble compiling it for a start. it seems every time i use the apxs command I get these errors; gcc: unrecognized option `-Xa' gcc: unrecognized option `-Xa' gcc: unrecognized option `-KPIC' gcc: language ildoff not recognized... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble installing Java bin in ssh

Java is required for a game server I'm setting up.. I'm unable to install the java_ee_sdk-5_03-linux.bin self-executable. Tried using chmod but didn't have any success. Please help, I will be eternally greatfull :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clockwise
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Trouble installing software with swinst

Hello. I am having issues with my HP-UX 10.20 system. It was a functioning system and I don't know where it went awry. Whenever I attempt to use the swinstall or swlist commands, the system hangs and never comes back. This happens whether I use the CDE GUI or via the SIO console. I sometimes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtraff68
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble installing Arachne - possible gcc error? Maybe?

Hi, I am having trouble installing Arachne from the broad institute. I'm using ubuntu through Oracle's VirtualBox. When I use the ./configure command, I do not get any obvious errors. However, the make command always fails. Here is my output for the .configure command and for the make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kblanch
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Trouble installing vsftpd builddegs.h compile error

gcc --version gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4) Linux 2.6.9-5.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 19:30:39 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux vsftpd built 3.0.2 I am seeing this error when I try to implement the steps outlined for installing vsftpd: # make gcc -c main.c -O2 -fPIE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwnilges
2 Replies

9. Linux

On Zorin - trouble installing new printer - need help

Hi. I am new to Linux & am using Zorin on my computer. :confused: I had my old printer pack it in & so I had to replace it with my new printer - which is the same make & model as the old one (a newer model only). There is some code name under Printers which I presume to be the old printer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snookerdoodles
1 Replies
TAPEINFO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       TAPEINFO(1)

NAME
tapeinfo - report SCSI tape device info SYNOPSIS
tapeinfo -f <scsi-generic-device> DESCRIPTION
The tapeinfo command reads various information from SCSI tape drives that is not generally available via most vendors' tape drivers. It issues raw commands directly to the tape drive, using either the operating system's SCSI generic device ( e.g. /dev/sg0 on Linux, /dev/pass0 on FreeBSD) or the raw SCSI I/O ioctl on a tape device on some operating systems. One good time to use 'tapeinfo' is immediately after a tape i/o operation has failed. On tape drives that support HP's 'tapealert' API, 'tapeinfo' will report a more exact description of what went wrong. Do be aware that 'tapeinfo' is not a substitute for your operating system's own 'mt' or similar tape driver control program. It is intended to supplement, not replace, programs like 'mt' that access your operating system's tape driver in order to report or set information. OPTIONS
The first argument, given following -f , is the SCSI generic device corresponding to your tape drive. Consult your operating system's doc- umentation for more information (for example, under Linux these are generally start at /dev/sg0 under FreeBSD these start at /dev/pass0). Under FreeBSD, 'camcontrol devlist' will tell you what SCSI devices you have, along with which 'pass' device controls them. Under Linux, "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" will tell you what SCSI devices you have. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
This program has only been tested on Linux with a limited number of tape drives (HP DDS4, Seagate AIT). AVAILABILITY
tapeinfo is currently being maintained by Eric Lee Green <eric@badtux.org> formerly of Enhanced Software Technologies Inc. The 'mtx' home page is http://mtx.sourceforge.net and the actual code is currently available there and via CVS from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mtx/ . SEE ALSO
mt(1),mtx(1),scsitape(1) TAPEINFO1.0 TAPEINFO(1)