Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo for a command
Operating Systems Solaris Sudo for a command Post 302175959 by cmr164 on Monday 17th of March 2008 01:32:35 AM
Old 03-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro
In summary, is there a way to set up sudo so the user can get at a command like /usr/sbin/projadd but be able to pass in their own arguments to it?
From the sudoers man page:
A commandname is a fully qualified filename which may
include shell-style wildcards (see the Wildcards section below). A
simple filename allows the user to run the command with any
arguments he/she wishes.

So in your case the following will allow 'username' to run projadd with any arguments.

username ALL = /usr/sbin/projadd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command remotely

Hi, can any one of you help me how to run sudo commands/scripts remotely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command problem

Hi All, I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id. Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like /usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command

Hello, What does the below sudo command provide access to, does it allow a user to su to any other user except root. sudo !/usr/bin/su * (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sophos
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CentOS using sudo command

Hi, this is my first time posting here and am new to linux/unix. So here is my question. I have two user account and a root account. root user account 1:calchen1 user account2: calchen2 Now i want to use the sudo utility to allows user to run programs with the privileges of another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolcalin812
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo - command usage

Hi, I have few doubts regarding "sudo" command. It acutally allows access to other commands as a different user. It stands for "superuser do". Now, we execute a command as sudo su - oracle Can you please tell me what does it do actually, thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sudo command configs

I am wondering how to use SUDO command to allow only my account to run mount command as root. I have root privilege.:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SUDO help with command alias

Hi there, I'm trying to setup sudo privileges for a user, Oracle in this case, to run Unix commands like mv,chmod, chown, mkdir, rmdir against their own set of commands or scripts. Is there an easier way to do this than to give Unix commands for each of their respective commands as shown below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies
projadd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       projadd(1M)

NAME
projadd - administer a new project on the system SYNOPSIS
projadd [-n] [-f filename] [-p projid [-o]] [-c comment] [-U user [,user...] ] [-G group [,group...] ] [ [-K name [=value [,value...]...]]] project DESCRIPTION
projadd adds a new project entry to the /etc/project file. If the files backend is being used for the project database, the new project is available for use immediately upon the completion of the projadd command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c comment Add a project comment. Comments are stored in the project's entry in the /etc/project file. Generally, comments contain a short description of the project and are used as the field for the project's full name. Specify comment as a text string. comment cannot contain a colon (:) or <NEWLINE>. -f filename Specify the project file to modify. If no filename is specified, the system project file, /etc/project, is modified. -G group[,group...] Specify a group list for the project. -K name[=value[,value...] Specify an attribute list for the project. Multiple -K options can be specified to set values on multiple keys, such as: -K key1=value1 -K "key2=(value2a),(value2b)" Resource control attributes use parentheses to specify values for a key. Because many user shells interpret parentheses as special characters, it is best to enclose an argument to -K that contains parentheses with double quotes, as shown above and in EXAMPLES, below. See resource_controls(5) for a description of the resource controls you can specify for a project. -n Syntax check. Check the format of the existing system project file and modifications only. The contents of the existing project file, such as user names, group names, and resources that are specified in the project attributes are not checked. -o This option allows the project ID specified by the -p option to be non-unique within the project file. -p projid Set the project ID of the new project. Specify projid as a non-negative decimal integer below UID_MAX as defined in limits.h. projid defaults to the next available unique number above the highest number currently assigned. For example, if projids 100, 105, and 200 are assigned, the next default projid is 201. projids between 0-99 are reserved by SunOS. -U user[,user...] Specify a user list for the project. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: project The name of the project to create. The project operand is a string consisting of characters from the set of alphabetic characters, numeric characters, underline (_), and hyphen (-). The period ('.') is reserved for projects with special mean- ing to the operating system. The first character of the project name must be a letter. An error message is displayed if these restrictions are not met. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Adding a Project The following command creates the project salesaudit and sets the resource controls specified as arguments to the -K option. projadd -p 111 -G sales,finance -c "Auditing Project" -K "rcap.max-rss=10GB" -K "process.max-file-size=(priv,50MB,deny)" -K "task.max-lwps=(priv,100,deny)" salesaudit This command would produce the following entry in /etc/project: salesaudit:111:Auditing Project::sales,finance: process.max-file-size=(priv,52428800,deny); rcap.max-rss=10737418240;task.max-lwps=(priv,100,deny) Note that the preceding would appear as one line in /etc/project. Comparing the projadd command and resulting output in /etc/project, note the effect of the scaling factor in the resource cap (rcap.max- rss=10GB) and the resource control (process.max-file-size=(priv,50MB,deny)). Modifiers, such as B, KB, and MB, and scaling factors are specified in resource_controls(5). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 2 The command syntax was invalid. A usage message for projadd is displayed. 3 An invalid argument was provided to an option. 4 The projid given with the -p option is already in use. 5 The project files contain an error. See project(4). 6 The project to be added, group, user, or resource does not exist. 9 The project is already in use. 10 Cannot update the /etc/project file. FILES
/etc/project System project file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +------------------------------+----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +------------------------------+----------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWesu | +------------------------------+----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below. | +------------------------------+----------------------------+ Invocation is evolving. Human readable output is unstable. SEE ALSO
projects(1), groupadd(1M), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), grpck(1M), projdel(1M), projmod(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), usermod(1M), project(4), attributes(5), resource_controls(5) NOTES
In case of an error, projadd prints an error message and exits with a non-zero status. projadd adds a project definition only on the local system. If a network name service such as NIS or LDAP is being used to supplement the local /etc/project file with additional entries, projadd cannot change information supplied by the network name service. SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 2004 projadd(1M)