Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris First posting Help :ULTRA 10 UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHZ Post 302175732 by narahv on Saturday 15th of March 2008 11:19:18 AM
Old 03-15-2008
I mean when restarted after keeping the CD in it does not read. Also no response for any keys.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing with my UltraSparc

I just got an HP 1200se printer. I have it networked using a single print server, so I'd really like to get it working with my Ultra10 system. I know that there are no Solaris drivers, honestly, I don't know if HP puts out Solaris drivers for any of their stuff. This printer, and I dunno... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8 Notes: prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 (UltraSPARC-III+) System clock frequency: 150 MHZ Memory size: 3GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

3. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

4. Solaris

440 MHz problems in UltraSparc 5 Computer

Hi all, I recently purchased a 440 MHz processor module for my Sun Ultrasparc 5 computer. I installed the module, updated the boot prom to the most recent version and when the machine starts up the initial white screen shows I have a 333 MHz processor installed ! I checked the details of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usparche
2 Replies

5. Solaris

what is ideal temp for US-III+

Hi all, is it okay for US-III+ running at 1200 MHZ to excced 75° C on sun fire 880 here's the output when i ran prtdiag -v on sunfire 880 running solaris10 bash-3.00# prtdiag -v System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire 880 System clock frequency: 150 MHz Memory size: 8192... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. Hardware

UltraSPARC T2 or T2+

Hi everyone We've bought a Sun T5120 server recently. I'm currently investigating how much would cost to license the server. According to Oracle's matrix T2 processors are calculated at 0.75 per core, but T2+ processors are calculated at 0.50 per core. When I run prtdiag -v I get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies
MKBOOTDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MKBOOTDISK(8)

NAME
mkbootdisk - creates a stand-alone boot floppy for the running system SYNOPSIS
mkbootdisk [--version] [--noprompt] [--verbose] [--device devicefile] [--size size] [--kernelargs <args>] [--iso] kernel DESCRIPTION
mkbootdisk creates a boot floppy appropriate for the running system. The boot disk is entirely self-contained, and includes an initial ramdisk image which loads any necessary SCSI modules for the system. The created boot disk looks for the root filesystem on the device sug- gested by /etc/fstab. The only required argument is the kernel version to put onto the boot floppy. OPTIONS
--device devicefile The boot image is created on devicefile. If --device is not specified, /dev/fd0 is used. If devicefile does not exist mkinitrd cre- ates a 1.44Mb floppy image using devicefile as the filename. --noprompt Normally, mkbootdisk instructs the user to insert a floppy and waits for confirmation before continuing. If --noprompt is specified, no prompt is displayed. --verbose Instructs mkbootdisk to talk about what it's doing as it's doing it. Normally, there is no output from mkbootdisk. --iso Instructs mkbootdisk to make a bootable ISO image as devicefile. --version Displays the version of mkbootdisk and exits. --kernelargs args Adds args to the arguments appended on the kernel command line. If this is not specified mkbootdisk uses grubby to parse the argu- ments for the default kernel from grub.conf, if possible. --size size Uses ize (in kilobytes) as the size of the image to use for the boot disk. If this is not specified, mkbootdisk will assume a stan- dard 1.44Mb floppy device. SEE ALSO
grubby(8) mkinitrd(1) AUTHOR
Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue Mar 31 1998 MKBOOTDISK(8)