Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming which language will be the best Post 302175696 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 15th of March 2008 04:06:22 AM
Old 03-15-2008
there should be some supported service calls to the mail server through which you should be able to retrieve the possible information.

then perl should be the way - as thats much easier

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GUI using C language

Hi friends I have my project based on C platform. I was supposed to develop a GUI. Can u pls suggest me the best way to develop the GUI. I heard that motif is the easy one to develop GUI applications. Pls help me out thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru554
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A different language to me!

Hi all, I'm glad there's a section called UNIX for dummies on this forum cause when it comes to UNIX, I am certainly a dummie. I honestly don't have a clue about 98% of the UNIX commands out there so forgive me if this is a really stupid question. I'm trying to set up a MySQL server on my Mac... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kguenther
7 Replies

3. Programming

c programming language

Can someone enligten me on what below program does? I understand getchar and putchar.. but what is this program suppose to do? I try to put printf on it, but it shows nothing.. can someone explain to me what this program is suppose to do? It is reading something and assigning to c? so, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
8 Replies

4. Programming

c language

is there any difference between "char*" and "char *" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amol munde
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

New simple language

Hi all, I need to 'create' a new simple scripting language in order to allow SCADA operators make complex tasks against the system in an easy and friendly way. In other words I need to write mini modules with DB readings or writings, calculations, and so on, but these instructions must be written... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silex
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What language is this?

Hi, Just got handed this script set def = HLA_DR.pockets set data = DRB1_1501.dat foreach a ( 'cat $data | args 3 |sort -u' ) cat $def | xC | grep -v $a > $$.def cat $data | grep $a | args 1,2 > $a.dat set pseudo = `cat MHCDR_pseudo.dat | grep HLA | grep $a | args 2`... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to know the default language in hp-ux?

hi every body i want to know how can i know the default language in the hp-ux like in solaris "US" please tell me wher is the file or the comand to tell me the language many thanks ---------- Post updated at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:05 AM ---------- crash:/#locale... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

8. Programming

C language help URGENT !!!

I'am writing a program in C language and my code is working perfectly i just need to add a search to it ... My code lets users add companies, and then display them on screen... i would like to add a search that allows user to type company name and then displayall its info on the screen !! THANK... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloushi
1 Replies
in.comsat(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     in.comsat(1M)

NAME
in.comsat, comsat - biff server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/in.comsat DESCRIPTION
comsat is the server process which listens for reports of incoming mail and notifies users who have requested to be told when mail arrives. It is invoked as needed by inetd(1M), and times out if inactive for a few minutes. comsat listens on a datagram port associated with the biff service specification (see services(4)) for one line messages of the form user@mailbox-offset If the user specified is logged in to the system and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (by a biff y), the offset is used as a seek offset into the appropriate mailbox file, and the first 7 lines or 560 characters of the message are printed on the user's terminal. Lines which appear to be part of the message header other than the From, To, Date, or Subject lines are not printed when displaying the message. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx user access and administration information ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M),services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The message header filtering is prone to error. The in.comsat service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/comsat:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 27 Jul 2004 in.comsat(1M)