Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Non-gui equivalent to SMC Management Console? Post 302175663 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 14th of March 2008 07:20:19 PM
Old 03-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpas
Is there any record anywhere as to how to do this?
download xming (or any other free xserver for windows) and install it. after that enable x11 forwarding in your sshd conf file (/etc/ssh/sshd_conf), restart sshd and you are done. putty has an option for x11 (left side ssh , x11 options...).
thats all,
DN2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

misc : console & pakage management

Two unrelated questions here: 1/ In debian, is it possible to change the font and resolution of the console (not xterm)? 2/ still in debian, how can you know what packages have been installed ? I'm thinking to something similar to pkg_info on FreeBSD. thx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jad
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while adding a new user using Solaris Management Console.

Hi All, I am adding a new user by using Solaris Manamement Console after Remotely Access through Xmanager 1.3.9. But after completing all steps its through an error as follows. The Actual Error Reported was : The management Domain file :/abc/abc do not exist or can not be managed on abc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: response_manu
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Red stop signs in Solaris Management Console 2.1

I've installed Solaris 10 (x86 8/07) on a Dell PowerEdge 2950. When I bring up the Solaris Management Console I get red stop sign looking icons on all areas (System Status, System Configuration, Services, Storage, and Devices and hardware) under This computer. Originally nothing was showing up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayroreality
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure wifi throught console problem, GUI is OK

Hi gurus, I am trying to connect to wifi access point with terminal, I set up my own access point (no encryption or MAC filters) I ran followings commands $ sudo iwlist eth1 scanning eth1 Scan completed : Cell 01 - Address: 00:11:2F:A2:99:1C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SMC web console

Dear Team please some body know what happened with smcwebconsole from Solaris10 to Solaris11 I don't found this script or Don't find in svcs -a please if some body know any think about this issue to tell us best, :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hosam
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

implement management console

HI All, I have 5 linux Servers in my DC. Now I need to install Management console for all these servers, Can any one guide me , what are all the necessary things needed to do this and any steps to be followed. Thanks in advance, JeganR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

7. SCO

Console GUI kicks me after 30 seconds. Licensing issue?

I have two SCO servers. On one I can logon to the gui via console with no problem. However, on the other I can logon to the gui but after a few seconds it kicks me back out to the prompt. I asked previous admin about this and he seems to think its a license issue? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

When connecting to HPUX gui console it is grey screen?

My screen is grey when i connect to gui console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)

NAME
ssh-ldap-helper -- sshd helper program for ldap support SYNOPSIS
ssh-ldap-helper [-devw] [-f file] [-s user] DESCRIPTION
ssh-ldap-helper is used by sshd(1) to access keys provided by an LDAP. ssh-ldap-helper is disabled by default and can only be enabled in the sshd configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config by setting AuthorizedKeysCommand to ``/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-ldap-wrapper''. ssh-ldap-helper is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from sshd(8) via ssh-ldap-wrapper. The options are as follows: -d Set the debug mode; ssh-ldap-helper prints all logs to stderr instead of syslog. -e Implies -w; ssh-ldap-helper halts if it encounters an unknown item in the ldap.conf file. -f ssh-ldap-helper uses this file as the ldap configuration file instead of /etc/ssh/ldap.conf (default). -s ssh-ldap-helper prints out the user's keys to stdout and exits. -v Implies -d; increases verbosity. -w ssh-ldap-helper writes warnings about unknown items in the ldap.conf configuration file. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), ssh-ldap.conf(5), HISTORY
ssh-ldap-helper first appeared in OpenSSH 5.5 + PKA-LDAP . AUTHORS
Jan F. Chadima <jchadima@redhat.com> BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD