Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers format output from while read line Post 302175610 by Franklin52 on Friday 14th of March 2008 03:48:53 PM
Old 03-14-2008
Dala,

Can you show us what you have attempted so far?

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format a line for output

Hi all I have a problem which requires me to produce a line output in a specified format. I have looked around and see that there is typeset which would do the trick to pad a variable and as such ensure that its start position in a line is always the same. I have tried to use this, however it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line and run a different command according to the output

Hi. I'm trying to write a script that reads a line on a file and runs a different command for a different line output. For example, if it finds the word "Kuku" on the line it sends mail to Kuku@kuku.com. Otherwise, it sends mail to Lulu@lulu.com. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doojek9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print output and read input on same line

How do I print output and read input on the same line in ksh? echo Hello, what is your name? read name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from text file;format and print output

Hi Following is the assumed input... Symmetrix ID : 12345 Originator Port wwn : 123456789 User-generated Name : 123456789/123456789 Sym Dev Dir:P LUN ------ ----- ----------------------- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ------- 1234 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy.san
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format next line for ls output

hi i have 4 dir called old-dir1 old-dir2 dir3 dir4 now i need to grep only old dir named ls -d old* > outfileThe output will show as: cat outfile old-dir1 old-dir2Desired output is: old-dir1 old-dir2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the output of a command line by line and pass it as a variable?

Hi, I have some 2000 names in a table like below. Java Oracle/SQL ANSI SQL SQL,DWH,DB DB&Java And by using for loop in my code i am able to get a single word but if there is any special character or space then it is considering as a next line. I have to execute the below queries in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read line and print output

need help to print the below .. Content of file looks like below .. SCHEMA1. TABLE1 SCHEMA2. TABLE2 SCHEMA3. TABLE3 read lines from above file and print o/p as below print output like read 1st line and print SELECT SCHEMA1.TABLE1 print output like read 2st line and print ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
4 Replies
XFlush(3X11)							     MIT X11R4							      XFlush(3X11)

Name
       XFlush, XSync, XEventsQueued, XPending - handle output buffer or event queue

Syntax
       XFlush(display)
	  Display *display;

XSync(display, discard)
	  Display *display;
	  Bool discard;

int XEventsQueued(display, mode)
	  Display *display;
	  int mode;

int XPending(display)
	  Display *display;

Arguments
       discard	 Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether discards all events on the event queue.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

mode	 Specifies the mode.  You can pass or

Description
       The function flushes the output buffer.	Most client applications need not use this function because the output buffer is automatically
       flushed as needed by calls to and Events generated by the server may be enqueued into the library's event queue.

The function flushes the output buffer and then waits until all requests have been received and processed by the X server.  Any errors gen-
       erated must be handled by the error handler.  For each error event received by Xlib, calls the client application's error handling routine.
       Any events generated by the server are enqueued into the library's event queue.

Finally, if you passed does not discard the events in the queue.  If you passed discards all events in the queue, including those events
       that were on the queue before was called.  Client applications seldom need to call

If mode is returns the number of events already in the event queue (and never performs a system call).  If mode is returns the number of
       events already in the queue if the number is nonzero.  If there are no events in the queue, flushes the output buffer, attempts to read
       more events out of the application's connection, and returns the number read.  If mode is returns the number of events already in the queue
       if the number is nonzero.  If there are no events in the queue, attempts to read more events out of the application's connection without
       flushing the output buffer and returns the number read.

always returns immediately without I/O if there are events already in the queue.  with mode is identical in behavior to with mode is iden-
       tical to the function.

The function returns the number of events that have been received from the X server but have not been removed from the event queue.  is
       identical to with the mode specified.

See Also
       AllPlanes(3X11), XIfEvent(3X11), XNextEvent(3X11), XPutBackEvent(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XFlush(3X11)