Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how can awk match multi pattern in a string Post 302175459 by sleepy_11 on Friday 14th of March 2008 05:06:12 AM
Old 03-14-2008
another issue comes out here. As the patter keeps change, I want to put it into a variable and reference the variable in a regular expression. Like below:
key="bin.*rundb"
if (fieldname ~ /key/) {
printf("%s\n", fieldname);
}

I tried "'$key'", '"$key" and $key in the regular expression, but all won't work. Do you know how can i accomplish it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and replace with string

hi guys, insert into /*<new>*/abc_db.tbl_name this is should be replaced to insert into /*<new>*/${new}.tbl_name it should use '.' as delimiter and replace is there any way to do it using sed (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Pattern Match (replacement string)

Hello, i am splitting files and sometimes the string of the pattern doesnt exist in the input file it starts for example with 00:00:01. So the output is completely desorganized, is there any way of putting a replacement string in the pattern so it will grab all the times from 00:**:** to first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-plicit78
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match elements in an AWK multi-dimensional array

Hello, I have two files in the following format; file1: A B C D E F G H I J K L file2: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 I have read them both in to multi-dimensional arrays. I need a file that has column 2 of the first file printed out for each column 3 of the second file ie... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK break string into fields + pattern match

I am trying to break a string into separate fields and print the field that matches a pattern. I am using awk at the moment and have gotten this far: awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;++i)print "\t" $i}' longstring This breaks the string into fields and prints each field on a separate line. I want to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match in a string

Hello, Please see below line code: #!/bin/ksh set -x /usr/bin/cat /home/temp |while read line do if ] then echo "matched" else echo "nope" fi done content of filr temp is as below (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match & Extract from a string

Hi, I have long string in 2nd field, as shown below: REF1 | CLESCLJSCSHSCSMSCSNSCSRSCUDSCUFSCU7SCV1SCWPSCXGPDBACAPA0DHDPDMESED6 REF2 | SBR4PCBFPCDRSCSCG3SCHEBSCKNSCKPSCLLSCMCZXTNPCVFPCV6P4KL0DMDSDSASEWG I have a group of fixed patterns which can occur in these long strings & only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match only the pattern string , not letters or numbers after that.

Hi Experts, I am finding difficulty to get exact match: file OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE="" DHCP_ENABLE=0 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3:1"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies
pthread_getspecific(3T) 												   pthread_getspecific(3T)

NAME
pthread_getspecific(), pthread_setspecific() - get or set the thread-specific data associated with a key SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
key Thread-specific data key whose value for the calling thread is to be set or retrieved. value Value to be assigned to the thread-specific data key for the calling thread. DESCRIPTION
The function returns the thread-specific data value associated with key for the calling thread. If no value has been associated with key for the calling thread, NULL is returned. The function associates the thread-specific data value with key. Each thread may bind a different value to key. These values are usually pointers to memory dynamically allocated by the calling thread. key must be a valid thread-specific data key created by calling If key is not a valid thread-specific data key, undefined behavior results when calling these functions. These functions may be called from a thread-specific data destructor function. However, calling from a destructor may result in lost stor- age. RETURN VALUE
The function returns the thread-specific data value associated with key. If no thread-specific data value is currently associated with key, the value NULL is returned. If successful, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
No errors are returned by the function. If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [ENOMEM] There is insufficient memory available in which to associate value with key. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] key is an invalid thread-specific data key. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_key_create(3T), pthread_key_delete(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_getspecific(3T)